𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐞 𝐭 - 𝐮 𝐧

Luca Volturi was walking around the castle when he smelled a divine scent

Luca Volturi was walking around the castle when he smelled a divine scent. His eyes widened when he noticed it was the scent of his mate. He had been waiting for a long time for them and he hoped they would accept him. He started to walk to the thrones' room, where the scent was getting from. He stayed behind a pillar near the doors, where he could still hear what was happening inside.

"Have you decided?" A silky like voice stated. The vampire sounded dead, which was ironic. It made Luca's heart ached when he noticed it was his mate.

"It was an intriguing debate. We don't get many suicidal vampires," Master Aro explained, with his childlike tone.

"Pathetic," Master Caius grumbled. Luca could almost feel the blond king rolling his eyes. Suicidal vampires? His mate wanted to kill himself?

"I'm afraid your gifts are too valuable to destroy. But if you're unhappy with your lot, join us. We'd be delighted to utilize your skills," Luca wanted to growl at that. No one will use his mate.

"So, you won't end this," Edward was feeling nothing. It was as if he was having a headache. He couldn't hear any thoughts but the buzzling sounds of the minds around him. The thought of not being able to ever see Bella again hurt him. He couldn't live without her, without the sound of the blood running down her veins and her beating heart. Since he had a taste of her blood at the ballet studio, he wanted to sink his teeth into her again.

"Not without cause," Marcus whispered, but everyone heard it clearly. Luca was glad the kings wouldn't destroy his mate, but how did he end up in that situation of distress? The only way to make a vampire suffer enough for them to want to die is to harm their mate. What if he wasn't the man's mate? What if Luca's mate did not reciprocate the bond? The doors opened and a bronze haired male walked out, looking in pain.

Holding his not-needed breath, Luca watched him walk past him

Holding his not-needed breath, Luca watched him walk past him. His mate didn't even spare him a look. The Volturi guard had spent all his vampire life waiting for his beloved and when he finally found him, he didn't care about him? Looking at the ground, he walked away from the court room, unable to bare with the thought of his mate not wanting him.

In the said room, Marcus was curious. He noticed a new bond within the walls of the castle, a mate bond. The string followed the young Cullen when he walked out of the room and went to his favorite guard, Luca, who was hiding behind a pillar. Marcus and Luca had a father and son relationship and to be honest, the young man was probably the only thing that made him feel alive.