𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞 - 𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭

Before Madelyn and Nathaniel left the Cullen's household to the Swan's, she grabbed the suitcase Alice had prepared for her, not looking into it. She changed her clothes quickly and put her wedding dress away. 

Grabbing Nathaniel's suitcase too, Madelyn walked down the stairs quickly and smiled when she saw her husband saying goodbye to their families

Grabbing Nathaniel's suitcase too, Madelyn walked down the stairs quickly and smiled when she saw her husband saying goodbye to their families. After the shapeshifter did the same, the couple jumped into the car and drove to Charlie's place. Nathaniel had a hand on the steering wheel and the other one on Madelyn's thigh, while she was playing with his ring.

"How do you think he will react?" Nathaniel asked his wife, glancing at her. 

"I hope he will be happy. I kinda lied to him when he asked me if we were being safe," Madelyn laughed nervously. The vampire shook his head, chuckling at her sheepish smile. Stopping the car in front of the small white house, the wolf jumped out and ran to the front door, her imprint following behind her. She knocked a little to announce their presence and opened the door. The house was in the darkness and the only light was coming from the living room. Charlie walked out, a beer in his hand. 

"Aren't you guys supposed to be on your honeymoon?" The Swan man put his drink down on the table before he hugged his daughter. 

"We just stopped by to tell you something before leaving," Madelyn squeezed him back. Her father nodded before they all sat down at the dining table. "Do you remember a few weeks ago when you asked me if we were taking our precautions?" She quoted him, fiddling with her hands on her lap before Nathaniel put his hand on hers.

"Mmh?"Charlie glanced between the couple before him, wondering where this conversation was going, before he caught on. "Oh. That was a lie, wasn't it?" 

"It was," Nathaniel nodded. "We wanted to tell you soon, because maybe the pregnancy will be shorter than a normal one. We didn't want you to have a surprise," Even if it was a supposition, the couple felt like they needed to tell him, even if he didn't know about Nathaniel's nature. Their baby had both species in them, it would most likely be faster than nine months.

"Okay. Who else knows?" Charlie asked, rubbing his eyes with his hands.

"The Cullens, the pack, and you. I asked Sam to tell the elders," Madelyn answered. The Swan man nodded. It was followed by an awkward silence. Charlie glanced at Nathaniel before looking at his daughter, and then at the table. The vampire understood the unasked question and stood up.

"I'll be waiting outside," After pressing a kiss on top of his mate's head, he walked outside, waiting by the car. The Swans duo looked at him while he walked out before glancing at each other again. Madelyn raised an eyebrow, making Charlie sighed. Getting up from his seat, he walked around the table and took his daughter's hand to help her stand up before he hugged her tightly. 

"I can't believe it," Charlie's voice was thick with emotions. "You're going to be a mother," He let Madelyn go and cupped her face, tears filling up his eyes.