Part 36?

Ok so a small part of this chapter is going to be like written with the lyrics of a song (idk what this is called but I've seen them lol), specifically the chorus, now I have never done this before I just want to try it, seeing as how the song I chose seemed majority pretty appropriate for these two :)))) The song is called 'Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby' by Cigarettes After Sex (I acc really like this song lol, it's just a slow, chill vibe) It's probably going to be a little short, but hope you like it overall! If this doesn't work out, sorry and I tried :(  ( throughout the story, let's say the song is lightly playing in the background bc why not )
Minor TW!

There was another terrible thunderstorm one night...strikes of lightning lighting up the sky...Only the sound of deep rumbling from the darkest of clouds, and the heavy pattering of small bullets of water shooting at the windows. Wind blowing hard in all different directions, throwing trash all throughout the streets, forcefully swaying trees.

Another strike hit, louder than any other one before, shaking the ground and buildings. Nat jumped, startled awake; gasping for air, drenched in sweat.

Outside was loud, noisy; inside it was chaotic...Or at least for Nat. She was rolling around, tossing and turning in the bed, something obviously bothering her...Tonight was the first night she had had a horrible nightmare with Wanda. All the loud noises outside were triggering for her, making her conscience think of the worst times of her life...making her relive them. But this time only worse...

[Whispered something in your ear
It was a perverted thing to say...
]

Nat was in the Red Room again, she was cautiously tip-toeing around, worried about what she would find. She slowly turned a corner and was met with the man who ruined and hurt her, mentally and physically. He grabbed her and dragged her down the rest of the hall, taking her to a small, dark room...Dark...She never really liked the dark very much. It made her feel alone, and re-think painful thoughts.

[But I said it anyway
Made you smile and look away...
]

She was thrashing around, trying to get out of his grip. She was yelling...crying...'Let me go!...Wanda! Help!...Mama! Mama please!'   

'Oh little one, it's just daddy from now on, no more of that "mama" nonsense...Never again.'  He threw her on the ground in front of him, 'Never! Again!' He cackled, unbuttoning his pants. 

[Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby

As long as you're with me, you'll be just fine...]

She shot straight up as lighting stroke, breathing heavily. Legs tangled in the top sheet, clothes clinging to her. Nat felt confined, she couldn't breathe. She kicked the sheets off in frustration and jumped out of bed. She stood and immediately sunk to the ground, tears burning her eyes, she was exhausted, mentally. Sobs racking her body, Nat was taking short, quick breaths, burning the back of her throat. She hugged her knees and cried, trying to make herself as small as possible. Occasionally whispering so, so quietly, "mm-mama..." She may or may not have been little but Wanda was and would always be there to take care of her.

[Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby

Nothing's gonna take you from my side...]

Wanda woke to an empty but slightly damp spot beside her, she couldn't see where Nat was, considering how dark it was, but she definitely heard her. Wanda jumped out of bed, and followed the heart wrenching wails to the other side of the bed on the ground. 

Wanda felt her heart shatter seeing and hearing Nat like this. She kneeled on the ground and tried to hug Nat, but she flinched away from her. Wanda felt pain for her baby girl. She pulled her arms away, not wanted to scare Nat anymore.

[...When we dance in my living room
To that silly '90s R&B...
]

Nat slowly lifted her shaky head, just enough for her eyes and forehead to be exposed. She just barely saw the face of the person she needed the most. Nat jumped from her spot on the ground and threw herself into Wanda's arms. Continuing to ball her eyes out. 

Wanda squeezed Nat back, trying her hardest to comfort her. 

"hey baby, it's ok...you're ok..." Wanda felt so awful

It took Wanda a while to help calm Nat down. The two were sitting on the floor still, Wanda didn't want to let go of Nat, she just wanted to hold her in her arms and protect her from everything. 

[When we have a drink or three
Always ends in a hazy shower scene...
]

Wanda slowly stood up and carried Nat back to bed, she sat down and settled her in her lap.  

"You ok hunny?" 

"yea..." Nat whispered, nodding. 

"Can you tell me what happened?" 

Nat shrugged, feeling the tears threatening to rise again. 

"You don't need to, but mama would like to help you..." Wanda said softly. 

" i-i don't know..." A few tears rolled down her cheek, "...h-he took me f-from you an' tried to hur' me..." Nat started crying all over again. 

Wanda felt terrible but she was the smallest bit pleased that Nat was becoming a lot less hesitant to share what's bothering her.

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby..." Wanda started rubbing Nat's back

"As long as you're with me, you'll be just fine...

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby..." She kissed her head. 

"Nothing's gonna take you from my side..." Wanda pulled Nat into another hug. 

Nat felt protected and loved, so so so loved...She felt like no one could touch her. No one could harm her...Nat nuzzled into Wanda's neck, she was the luckiest little and girl in the world to have Wanda in her life.

"Mama loves you so so much Nat...Don't forget that." Wanda started to lightly tear up herself.

Nat nodded and let more tears fall, 'Mama loves me...' She thought to herself.  

[And we laugh into the microphone and sing
With our sunglasses on, to our favorite songs...
]

[And we're laughing in the microphone and singing

with our sunglasses on, to our favorite songs...]

[Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby
Nothing's gonna take you from my side...
]

I'll give you guys another chapter tmrw if not tonite! Thanks guys! Sorry it's short and probably awful.