Part 28

Wanda carried Nat into the hospital, where there was a group of doctors waiting for her by the ER's door. When they entered the doctors were all speaking at once, trying to assess Nat as quick as possible. 

"Guys! One at a time!" Maria 'softly' shouted, trying not to scare Nat. 

"Sorry ma'am." One doctor apologized before turning to Wanda, "We need you to place her on the gurney ma'am." 

Wanda nodded and slowly placed Nat down on the gurney. Once Nat was lying there she whined for Wanda again, 

"mama...mama no.

The doctors pushed Nat away, to assess her properly. Wanda tried to follow them but Maria and a nurse softly took her arms. 

"I'm sorry ma'am you can't be in the room while they check her injuries." The nurse explained. 

"No, she doesn't like being alone. I-I have to be there, I can't leave her alone. No, please. I can't leave her..." Wanda begged, she had to be with Nat. 

"I'm really sorry ma'am, you two seem like a nice couple but we can't..." The lady tried to comfort Wanda, "I-I need to ask you a few questions about your little...Is that ok?"

Wanda nodded.

"Alright thank you...So I'm going to assume that you and...?" The nurse didn't know Nat's name. 

"Nat." Wanda answered. 

"I'm going to assume you and Nat are a mommy dom and little girl couple?"

Wanda nodded, 

"Ok...I can definitely tell you are the mommy.

Wanda chuckled lightly as she cried. 

"First umm...how old would you say her headspace is?"

"I-I don't know." Wanda didn't want to talk, she just wanted to see how Nat was doing. She was staring in the direction they took Nat in. 

"Umm...Nat's headspace is pretty young. She uses bottles, pacis, and...she nurses. Oh, she hates walking, only likes being carried around." Maria answered for Wanda.

"Ok, ok." The nurse checked some things down on the forms she was holding. "For her room, would you like a crib or a bed?" 

Wanda didn't fully hear her because she couldn't stop thinking about Nat and how scared she is. 

"Ma'am?" The nurse pulled Wanda out of her thoughts.

"I don't care! Can I go see her now?!" Wanda knew that Nat was just taken, but it felt like it had been hours, she had to see how she was doing. 

"I-I can go check for you ma'am, but most likely not. I'll come get you when you can." The nurse explained as she checked 'Crib', she assumed based on Nat's headspace that's what she should/would use.    

"Thank you." Maria smiled as the nurse stood up.

She nodded before taking off in the direction Nat was taken. 

Nat was lying in the bed, she was alone and really scared. She didn't like all the bright lights and all the voices trying to talk to her. Her entire body was in pain, she just wanted her mama to come and hold her, to make her feel better. Nat was exhausted, she started to slowly close her eyes. 

"Hi honey, I need you to open your eyes for me, ok? No sleeping." A lady smiled at Nat.

"wan' mama." Nat whined, slowly opening her eyes.