Chapter 18

Sasuke's match was over, he'd won, but it wasn't an easy win. Currently, the boy was making his way to the infirmary to have his minor wounds tended to. As he entered the room he was blindsided by his older brothers, Tatsu swooping him up and Itachi following behind him. 

"You did it!" Tatsu exclaimed as he nearly squeezed the life out of his brother.

"I'm very proud of you Sasuke," Itachi said as he placed his hand on top of the younger male's head.

"Will you be able to celebrate with me or will you be too busy nii-san?" Sasuke questioned. 

"I'm sorry Sasuke, I have a mission, maybe when I come back." 

"Same here, but at least you'll be able to move forward with your dream." Tatsu pointed out trying to lighten his brother's mood. 

"What's the use if you won't be here?"

"Don't talk like that, you passed and now you get to join the police force, we'll only be gone for a week or so. You'll still be a chūnin when we get back."

The younger Uchiha didn't say anything, he just grumbled to himself. 

"Itachi, can you pack my things for me, you know where everything is right?" Tatsu questioned, earning a quick nod from his brother. 

"Sorry, Sasuke, I hope you won't have to wait too long for our return," Itachi said as he poked Sasuke's forehead. 

"Come on, let's get these cuts taken care of."

After applying ointments, Tatsu began wrapping his younger brother's wounds. 

"You know we don't want to leave so soon, right?" Tatsu questioned as he wrapped a bandage around Sasuke's leg. 

"I know, but every time something big happens you guys are either not here or you have to leave right after." The raven explained. 

"I understand that, and I am truly sorry that work has to an obstacle for us, but you live that life too Sasuke. You'll understand once you move up in the ranks, well maybe not, you are going to join the police force after all."

"Tou-san is always busy so I'll probably be busy too."

"Tou-san isn't as busy as he seems, the village has been relatively quiet for a while, I'm sure he could have free time if he wanted it. I mean he had the time to help with your training."

"What about you, did tou-san ever have time to train you?"

"He helped me with some of the basics, but there wasn't much he could teach me because of me lacking the Sharingan and because I had Hokage-sama to teach me."

"Wait, who taught you Jūken?"

"Lift your other leg," Tatsu commanded, "I thought I told you this already, Hizashi-san, Neji-kun's late father."

"You mean that Hyuga kid you used to babysit?"

"Yeah that's the one, you know, you and him are a lot alike. You're both very skilled, you both have powerful eyes, and you both kicked Naruto's ass. It's a shame you both act like having a friend is a burden."

"Who knows, maybe I'll talk to him, but I'd much rather have him as a rival than a friend, especially if he's been acknowledged by you."

"If you two become acquainted without my interference then I'd just become the happiest man in the world, I'd love for that to happen otouto."

"I'll try."

"Okay, now that you're all taken care of I have to leave. Bye, Sasuke, I love you." Tatsu said as he moved to leave the room, passing by his parents as he exited.

As he walked past the two they had a silent interaction of nods and gentle smiles. Though he was sure it was just a poor attempt at a joke, the brown-haired male couldn't help but remember the time his father told him that had he not have been as skilled as he was, he would've been married off to a member of the Hyuga clan as a sign of friendship. 

As the sensory type made his way through the village, the thought kept coming back to him, if he would've been married off at least he could've said he had an active love life. Right now all he has is a hooked ex, a taken interest, and a perverted roommate. Though he could try to move forward with Kakashi, it'd be a risky move considering that he doesn't even know if the man liked other men and if he doesn't then things could end badly for their relationship. 

"Hello, Tatsu." 

"Ahh!" Tatsu yelled as he punched Shisui out of reflex.

"I deserved that." The short-haired Uchiha stated hunched over holding his stomach. 

"Be lucky I didn't infuse any chakra."

"So anyway, you're in charge of the mission correct?"

"Yeah." He answered as they reached the village gates. 

"Oh good, you're already here, there's no reason to wait around so let's just head straight to the Sunagakure, it'll be easier if we get what we need from there first and then make our way around. We'll do it in two parts, the first part: Sunagakure, Amegakure, and then Kusagakure. After that, we'll deliver what we have then, both intel and herbs, then for the second part: Iwagakure, Takigakure, and then Kumogakure. Since we're traveling by land it's only natural that we'll go through Otogakure." Tatsu explained.

"But you said the mission would only last a week or so?" Itachi questioned.

"The first part will, when we come back we'll have time to rest and evaluate our strategies of movement and things like that. This is a supply run/ reconnaissance mission, it's a bit much to entrust with one squad, but these are our orders and we must comply. Are we clear?"

There were no further questions, just simple nods, and grunts of understanding. It was settled and the mission had begun. 

-----

A/N: Honestly, I'm surprised I wrote this when I did, I expected myself to just stop, but then I was like no cause if you stop you'll forget what you wanted to do so yeah. You've made it this far, bless your soul, anyway, tell me what you think and leave a suggestion.