Chapter 21

"I'm home," Kakashi announced as he entered his home.

"Hey, did you get them?" Tatsu questioned as he walked up to the cyclopes. 

"Yes, so will you teach me the jutsu?"

"What is there to teach, you spin the kunai and infuse your chakra, then all of a sudden they're in a genjutsu."

"Really?"

"No, I lied, you spin the kunai on your palms, they'll focus on them, but the real jutsu is cast by a kage bunshin. Simple as that."

"Tatsu..." Kakashi trailed on.

"Yes?"

"Oh nothing, I was just wondering what would happen when we go to Kumogakure."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You know, one of your parents was a Kumo deserter, so what would be their reaction when they see that you're from here?"

"Kakashi, I'm sure they wouldn't recognize me, if they do then I guess I might find someone who knew one of my parents."

"Oh."

There were no other words exchanged between the two, just simple coexistence. Kakashi cooked dinner for the two, and after they prepared for bed so they'd be well rested for tomorrow's early departure. 

While standing at the village gate, Kakashi stood there with Itachi and Shisui, awaiting their captain's arrival. 

"So, you and Tatsu huh?" Shisui questioned, causing Itachi to facepalm.

"Huh?" The cyclopes questioned. 

"You're with Tatsu correct?"

"Not exactly."

"But you want to be?" Itachi interjected.

"Shut up, we have changes to the mission, instead of going where ever we would've gone we're going straight to Kumo. Iwa is already sending the herbs and there was another team that went to Takigakure in our place. So in turn, Kakashi, we'll get the answer to your question sooner than expected." Tatsu explained interrupting his subordinate's conversation. 

"Did you tell Sasuke?"

"No, let's go."

Embarking on their trip, they'd realized that they're more awkward together than they'd realized. Itachi's disapproval of Kakashi's potential intentions, Shisui's somewhat jealousy of Tatsu's moving on, and the fact that Tatsu manages to be the center of their attention one way or another. 

---

Walking within Kumogakure, Tatsu noticed that they'd drawn in some unintentional attention. As they continued to make their way through the village, there was a small group of shinobi approaching them, one of which wore a yellow hat on his head. 

"Hello, Raikage-sama, it's a pleasure to be graced with your presence," Tatsu said as he bowed to the Raikage. 

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine, would you mind if I treat you to lunch?" The one known as Ay questioned. 

"Sir, he seems to be more around the age of Darui-kun, perhaps you should offer him in your stead." The one Tatsu assumed to his assistant suggested. 

"Yeah, instead of offering meals, would you mind helping me find this flower?" Tatsu questioned holding up his mission scroll. 

"Oh, of course, follow me."

"Tatsu..." Itachi trailed on.

"Just go with it, it'll make our mission end a lot faster." The brown-haired male whispered to his team. 

Walking through the village, Tatsu walking alongside the Raikage while everyone else followed, they'd noticed the both concerned and rather strange looks that the leading two were receiving. Though it was understandable, there was an outsider walking and talking with their leader, an outsider who appeared to be friendly but also could be potentially dangerous.  

Though he was listening to the older man's boasting of his many accolades as both the Raikage and a shinobi in general, Tatsu's focus kept shifting. He was on a mission after all, no matter how advances were made he wasn't going to forget his purpose for being there. 

Putting on a calm smile, Tatsu gazed up at Ay, though he wasn't the type to be moved by someone with high standing power and political positions, it still made him feel warm knowing that he was worth someone putting it all out there. As they arrived at the large building, Tatsu felt two large chakra signatures hidden under two, not as large, but powerful chakras. While moving inside the building the two signatures became more prominent, he could feel their steady approach, but he'd also realized that his team had been forced to wait outside.

"What are you planning?" Tatsu questioned as they continued walking. 

"Nothing Tatsu-kun, I assure you that you are safe," Ay informed. 

"You say that I'm safe but I can sense the presence of both the Nibi and the Hachibi, I don't know, it's just something about their presence that's preventing me from feeling a sense of security."

"They're training in the room above this floor, I apologize for making you worry about your safety."

"Moving on, where are you taking me, this doesn't exactly seem like the type of place you'd keep a herb?"

"Oh you'll see, I'm sure you'll be in for a surprise once we get there."

-----

A/N: I had a dream about this so I just had to write it. Anyway, talk to me, give me some suggestions and correct me where I'm wrong cause I actually mess up sometimes and I don't catch it.