Chapter 20

The night had passed, though their night was uneventful it went by smoothly. Strangely enough, when it came time for them to rest Kakashi was on one of the two couches within their temporary room, but when the day came he was in the same bed as Tatsu. Though it wasn't brought up by their other teammates it did create a sense of awkwardness around them. 

Itachi finally had a reason to keep his watching gaze on Kakashi and Shisui was stuck with the realization that Tatsu may have actually moved on from him for good. 

"Kakashi, Shisui, wait outside please, I'm sure the person we're meeting today wouldn't be too happy to see you," Tatsu said as they approached someone's home. 

As they walked into the home Tatsu could feel Itachi burning a hole into the back of his head. 

"Something on your mind?" The brown-haired male questioned. 

"Yes, you and Kakashi-senpai, when did that happen?" The clan heir answered. 

"I assure you, at the moment Kakashi and I are just friends, nothing more."

"What do you mean by at the moment?"

"I meant what I said, at the moment, there is nothing else for me to say- hello Chiyo-sama, it's a pleasure to finally meet you in person," Tatsu said changing his tone at the sight of the former council member. 

"When you said you were from Konohagakure I wasn't expecting you to look like you do." The older woman stated. 

"I get that a lot, may we have the flower, its chemical properties are something I'd like to explore to the full extent?"

"Of course young lady, I wouldn't want to keep you away from your husband, I presume."

Her words both embarrassed and disgusted the two, though had they been raised differently that could've been the case based on clan politics.

"Umm, Chiyo-sama, I'm a man and that's my otouto." Tatsu pointed out, daring his younger brother to say something. 

"Oh." That was all she said before walking away to get the flower. 

"Don't mention that to anyone," Tatsu muttered as she was out of hearing range. 

"Of course watashi no ai." The younger male joked.

Tatsu stood there annoyed that now was the time his younger brother decided to display his more playful side. 

Eventually, the woman came back with the flower within a small basket-like container, she didn't say anything as they thanked her and left the house. No words were exchanged within the four-man cell, they just made their way out of the village and on to the next. 

---

It'd been a little over a week since the chūnin exams had concluded. Currently, the now chūnin/ Konoha police officer was currently on border patrol, it'd been clear for a while until he saw a sliver of silver steadily approaching on the dirt road. 

As he moved to get a better view, he could tell that it was actually Kakashi, walking in between Itachi and Shisui while carrying Tatsu on his back. Quickly, the former genin moved off of the wall and down to the gates to greet his siblings. As they approached he could see that Tatsu was saying something to Kakashi, causing the grey-haired male to smirk under his mask. 

"Sasuke!" Tatsu yelled as he noticed his younger brother, jumping off of his roommate's back. 

The older male swooped his little brother off of his feet and held him tightly, though he was only going to be in the village for about three days before he had to leave again, he still acted as if he was back again for while. He'd have to break the news of their leaving again to him later. 

"Nii-chan, I'm on duty," Sasuke whined hoping the others didn't hear him. 

Without warning, Tatsu stopped hugging the younger Uchiha but kept his arms on his shoulders, keeping his gaze on Sasuke.

"If you're on duty, why are you down here, get back to work otouto?" The medic commanded as he walked past his younger brother, his subordinates following their captain's example. 

---

Later that night when Sasuke came home he saw that the house was as quiet as usual. After removing his sandals he made his way through the house to his bedroom.

"Sasuke, come to the dining room dear dinner is ready." His mother said from outside of his room. 

As he walking into the dining room he could clearly see that everyone was there, Tatsu was patting the seat beside him with a warm smile on his face. 

"Congratulations Sasuke, I'm very proud of you," Tatsu said softly as he wrapped an arm around his younger brother and placed a soft kiss on his head.  

Those actions and kind words made the younger Uchiha feel warm, his older brother was always the most affectionate with the family. 

"Tatsu, stop coddling him, he's a man now," Fugaku stated.

"I know, it's just he's growing up and I'm going to miss being able to do this in the future."

"Thank you nii-chan, your expressions will always be welcomed by me." The youngest said in an attempt to comfort his older brother. 

The older man didn't say anything he just placed a hand on his brother's head and smiled. They ate in silence and after Tatsu left for his home before the night could progress any further. 

-----

A/N: I'm updating on a Monday because I got mad at the fact that I didn't get to write another chapter before the weekend was over. Anyway, correct me where I'm wrong, and trust me when I say this, suggestions are accepted.