Chapter 5

The next morning, Tatsu woke up as early as he could. Not to pack his things for a trip that could last for years, that part was easy, but he woke up as early as he could so he could write a detailed letter to all of his family members explaining everything that was happening and how much he was going to miss each of them. The only hard part of this task. 

A little over three years passed, Tatsu managed to not only master the Ninpō Sōzō Saisei: Byakugō no Jutsu but also made Jiraiya fear him. The pervert was a little too under the influence and he may have groped the younger male's behind on accident. 

At the current moment, Tatsu and his fearful traveling companion were headed back to Konohagakure, the anticipation was killing the both of them, though only one of them was showing it.

After checking in at the village gates, Tatsu immediately ditched his partner who taught him about several aspects of life, and raced home to his family. On his way home, he spotted, sensed, and spotted again, the now eight-year-old Sasuke Uchiha. He was being followed around by two girls around his age, a blond and a pinkette, Billboard Brow, and a pig. 

Immediately he rushed over and swooped his little brother off of his feet. 

"N-nii-chan, is that you?" The younger male questioned.

"Of course it is you dumb dumb!" Tatsu exclaimed while embracing his little brother. 

"Who are you and why are you holding Sasuke-kun?!" The pinkette demanded, ruining the moment.

The blonde beside her stood quiet, she was too busy trying to figure out why Sasuke was calling some random girl nii-chan.

"Leave." The cold tone used by Tatsu gave even Sasuke chills.

The change in his entire mood frightened them, his usual warm and loving eyes turned cold and distant. He even stopped spinning Sasuke just holding the younger male in his arms. Noticing that they were petrified in fear rather than fleeing in panic, he raised the veins around his eyes, preparing to activate his Byakugan causing the two little girls to run away. 

"Sorry you saw that Sasuke, but where's Itachi-nii?"

"Itachi-nii joined the Anbu, he won't be back until later."

"Oh, Anbu, okay," Tatsu said dumbfounded, "how about we spend the day together, but after I announce my return to kaa-san and tou-san."

At that Tatsu essentially threw Sasuke on his back and rushed them home. Upon their dramatic entrance into their home gaining both of their parents' attention, Mikoto quickly, but calmly made her over to Tatsu pulling him into a hug as soon as she reached him. 

"I've missed you." She whispered into his ear.

"I missed you too kaa-san, you have no idea how hard it was for me to manage my hair without you to help me with the back." He semi-sobbed into her ear. 

"I know."

"Of course you do, I wrote to you through messenger hawks so you could teach my clones how."

The sound of someone, Fugaku, clearing their throat broke up the touching, hair related, moment. 

"Tou-san, I've missed you," Tatsu said looking at his father with hopeful eyes. 

No words were exchanged nor emotions displayed by the one known as Fugaku. There may have been no emotions displayed, but there was an amazing heartwarming silence and eye-locking between the two. Their own private conversation that no one else could comprehend, not even if a Yamanaka were prying into their minds. 

"I missed you too Tatsu, have fun today," Fugaku said breaking the silence. 

After giving his father a curt nod, he threw his belongings into his bedroom in a non-Uchiha manner. Leaving his home with Sasuke, having the younger one catch him up on everything he's missed during his time away. 

Currently, they sat on top of the Sandaime's stone head watching the village from an amazing vantage point. These were the things Tatsu missed about his home, time with brothers, the liveliness of the village, and the beautiful scenery. 

"Nii-chan?" The younger male spoke breaking the silence. 

"Yes, Sasuke?" The older of the pair answered. 

"What's that mark on your head?"

"This is a seal for the jutsu I was tasked with learning. This little thing was the reason I was away for so long."

"What does it do?"

"Well, right now it's for holding my chakra, but when I release it the built-up chakra courses through my body healing any wounds instantly and prevents me from dying to most things. It also allows me to break the medic-nin rules."

"Can I learn it?"

"It takes a long time to master and it's not my jutsu to teach. If you want to learn it, you'd have to find and train under lady Tsunade."

"She's a medic-nin correct?"

"She's the best, and she's also really strong, but I'd be the one to win a fight with her."

"You're lying."

"I am indeed lying."

At that, Tatsu ruffled his little brother's hair, urging him to speak more about how his academic life is going. It was going great, though Sasuke admitted that it would've been better if the helpful brother were around more. 

On their way home, they encountered the Hokage and his son, while Tatsu ignored the Yondaime's presence and spoke to the child, Sasuke's predetermined rival, Sasuke and Minato couldn't help but feel pushed aside. Minato was still waiting for Tatsu to give him a report of how his training went and Sasuke was fuming because his rival managed to steal his brother's attention. 

"Don't talk to him anymore."

"Sasuke, I'm not going to ignore him because you have a rivalry going. Remember that even if I were to be tasked with keeping my trap shut for an entire day I wouldn't be able to do it, I am the most social of the Uchiha."

No other words of importance were exchanged after that, they just went home, Tatsu agreeing to help Sasuke with his homework after unpacking his belongings. While Tatsu was helping Sasuke with his homework he felt a familiar chakra approaching their home. 

-----

A/N: Once again, correct me where you see fit and tell me what you think, I'm really just skipping around right now, but I'll slow down eventually.