The Project

((A/N; ART ISN'T MINE)) 

I thought that it wasn't true. I thought that she had just gotten scared that one night, but I never suspected once that she actually died! My life is falling apart right now. My sister, Charlie Emily, just got killed by an unknown shooter ((That's a new death)) and my dad, Henry Emily, just died due to unknown causes. I have no idea what even happened to them, but I needed somewhere to stay, so I got put into this foster family. They're terrible though. I would've been able to stay with my mom if she didn't go missing that one day.

My foster family is extremely abusive towards me. I'm not even able to see my best friend anymore, since I was forced to switch schools. I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I groaned and switched it off. I didn't have to be up this early, but it was before my foster parents were going to be up, so I didn't mind it. It's easier to get up and be tired, rather than getting up and immediately being beaten with a leather belt.

I quickly brushed my [H/L], [H/C] hair and my teeth, got into a [F/C] shirt with blue shorts, and grabbed a protein bar. I had to be out of the house by at least 7 A.M. to avoid getting beat up, so I quickly grabbed my book bag and left. I always walked through this one slightly deserted area, so it was awfully quiet.

As I was walking, I heard a quiet boof  from behind me. I turned around and saw the little golden retriever that always likes to follow me to school. I smiled and said, "Hey Zeus". He wagged his tail and did downward dog. I chuckled. 

"Sorry boy, but I gotta go to school," I said. I motioned next to me and he quickly walked up to me. We started walking and since the grass was taller in certain areas, Zeus would do these cute little hops over the grass.

We got over to the school and stopped walking. "Alright, you know the drill, " I said with a sigh. "No animals allowed on campus." He did a small whimper. "I know, I'm gonna miss you too, but hey, at least you have a loving family." He sadly turned around and looked back at me sadly, just before hearing someone call his name, turning back around, and sprinting over to this one house.

I sighed once more and walked to the school. There were a bunch of kids on the quad. I normally sat in the corner somewhere, so I didn't really care for all of the friend groups and cliques. I was moved to a new part of the campus though, due to it being the new semester. 

I went to the other area labeled 'Area B. Classrooms', and sat down on the steps in the quad. Another girl came up to me and asked, "Hey, would you mind if I sat here?" I shook my head.

"Nah, I don't mind," I said. She sat down and set her bag down.

"I'm Willow, by the way," she said.

"Oh, nice to meet you Willow. I'm [Y/N]," I said. She opened up her mouth to say something else, but then the bell rang.

"Well, good luck with your classes. What's your 1st period class?" she asked.

"Oh, ummh," I started, while pulling out a paper schedule and inspecting it. "It looks like I have Science with Mr. Johnson."

"No way, same here!" she said.

I chuckled and we started walking , but then two kids bumped into us. One of them had brown, slightly fluffy hair and ocean blue eyes and the other kid also had brown hair and brown eyes.

"Dude, watch where you're going," I said. The one with blue eyes looked over at me and rolled his eyes.

"Shut up," he said. What the hell kind of a comeback was that?

"Cool story, Bro. In what chapter do you shut up?" I replied. He was about to say something else, when the brown - eyed one said, "Uh, Michael? We gotta go." Before anything else could happen, Willow pulled me aside.

"Just ignore them," she said. "Michael thinks that he's better than anyone all because his dad owns this sucky business. And his friend thinks that he's automatically cool by association."

"Wow, let me guess; his friend is one of those people that also pronounces ankles the wrong way," I said back. She chuckled.

---------------------------------------------------

Science is normally one of my favorite classes, but this time it wasn't NEARLY as engaging as it normally is to me. I just happened to be assigned to the seat that was next to Michael, so that was wonderful [Insert sarcastic jazz hands here].

When we got a project assigned, I thought that it wasn;t going to be that bad, but that is, until I heard the words 'You're gonna be working with the person sitting next to you". I looked over at Michael. He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

----After Class--------------

Michael walked up to me. "Hey, sorry about earlier," he said. I normally won't really accept an apology, but I guess that I should probably start getting along with him, since this project was going to be lasting a few weeks.

"Apology accepted," I said.

"I'm Michael, Michael Afton, by the way," he said.

"Oh, good to meet you, I'm [Y/N] Emily," I responded. His face suddenly went into realization..

"Wait, [Y/N] Emily? As in Henry Emily's first daughter?" he asked. I nodded. "He and my dad used to work together!"

"Wait, you're THAT Michael Afton?!" I exclaimed. "And your dad is William Afton?" He nodded. The warning bell rang. "Okk, okk, we'll talk more about this later, just one last thing though," He said. "Whose house are we going to go to for the project?"

"You'res for sure," I said. "My foster parents hate me being with other people."

"Ah, alright," he said. "See you after school."