The After Math

I was woken up by something nudging my arm. I opened my eyes and saw Zeus looking up at me. I moved aside and he hopped onto the bed. I looked over at the clock. 7:30 A.M. already?, I thought to myself. I must have been sleeping pretty deeply, because I felt like I was only asleep for a few hours.

I got up after about 10 more minutes, which by then Zeus had already drifted off to sleep. I got ready and went downstairs. We were going to visit Chris in the hospital that day once visiting hours were opened. We were going to get a phone call if he woke up, so almost every single time we heard the phone ring, at least one of us would jump up and answer it. No call from the hospital yet though.

That day, Zeus could obviously tell that something was up, because he just kept on getting this sad look and was constantly pacing around the house. He'd occasionally go up to Chris's room to check on him, but then once he realized that Chris wasn't actually there, he'd walk out with this extremely disappointed look on his face.

--------------------------------------

We visited Chris. He was still asleep. He looked peaceful, yet somewhat scared. I wonder what he's dreaming about. I could tell that Michael was being a little bit stronger about it than I was expecting. Michael asked if he could have a little time alone with his brother, so we stepped out. It was a really depressing day. 

Even the weather matched what we were feeling. It was cloudy. There's a 76% chance of rain today, so it could end up just pouring at any minute now. I sighed as I looked out the window. A nurse came by and informed us that visiting hours were over a few minutes later. Michael walked out of the room. His eyes were glossy, like there were just a ton of tears.

----------------------------------------------

The rest of the day, we mostly just did our own things. I looked outside and saw that it had started pouring down rain, just as expected. I went upstairs and drew a little bit. My dad used to draw with Charlie and I on the days that it was raining. I drew for a little while, not really sure on what I was sketching. I was just letting my hands do whatever. 

After about 2 hours, I set my pencil down and examined what I drew. I couldn't really tell what it was. I knew that there was some sorta picture hidden, but I had no idea what. I stepped back and checked it out a little more. It looked like the Fredbear animatronic. Why would I draw something like that? Maybe just because of all of the trauma. I shrugged it off. It was probably just nothing.

I went back over to my bed and layed down. It wasn't even 2 minutes later that Mrs. Afton had knocked on the door. "Hey, tonight's our movie night," she said. "We're watching Detective Pickachu. You wanna join us? You don't have to, I figured that I'd just ask, at least ."

"I mean, sure," I said. "Why not?" I got up and we both went downstairs.

We got down there and sat on the couch. I was next to Michael, who still looked super sad. I forgot about how much I liked this movie ((Sorry if any of y'all don't actually like that particular movie!)). In the middle of it, Zeus came by and layed down, resting his head on my feet. I smiled. I fell asleep in the middle.

{Michael's POV}

I just can't believe that I actually did that. I should've stopped. I shouldn't have done that. I wish that there was some way that I could've known that he was actually going to die because of my act. He didn't deserve any of this, yet why did I always torment him? Why did I always pull pranks on him? Why was I like that? He didn't even do anything wrong! I'm such a terrible person!

I was hoping that movie night would take my mind off of it, but it wasn't any help really. [Y/N] sat next to me during it. She would glance over at me a few times. I wasn't sure why, but I didn't really care all that much. It's not like I really had to.

  In the middle of it, I felt someone lean against me. I looked over ever so slightly and saw [Y/N] peacefully sleeping. I smiled slightly.

After the movie was over, I could've gotten up, but I decided to stay. I guess that I just didn't want to disturb her by moving. I could feel my eyes getting heavier each time I blinked. I grabbed the blanket that was on the back of the couch and put it over us. A few minutes later, just before fully falling asleep, I gently grabbed her hand and held it.

{[Y/N]'s POV}

I turned on the flashlight. Nothing there. Or at least that's what I thought. There was for sure a presence. I turned around and instead of seeing my bed, there was something there. I slowly looked up and saw an old beaten - up version of the Fredbear animatronic. "P-p-please don't hurt me," I stuttered. Right when I said that though, it's hand slammed against my face.

I jerked myself awake, somehow not sitting up or anything like that. I was leaning against someone. I carefully looked to see who it was and it was Michael. I smiled slightly. He was still asleep, so I went back to just resting my head on his shoulder. I noticed that he was holding my hand. Thank God my best friend wasn't here, because all that I'd be hearing is, "Awwwwwwe!"

He woke up a few minutes later. I noticed and sat up. "Sorry about that," I said softly.

"Nah, it's ok," he said. "No need to feel sorry." I smiled once more. I figured that I should probably go and get ready for the day, so I went upstairs and did all of my regular morning stuff. I saw the drawing again, not thinking much of it, but then I realized something. It wasn't the regular Fredbear anymore. It looked like that weird, old beaten - up one that I saw in my dream last night. It looked almost like a nightmare. Nightmare Fredbear.

I went back downstairs and noticed how fancy Mr. and Mrs. Afton were dressed. Not fancy like they're going to a wedding, but not like they were just going to a small event in the plaza. Almost like a business thing. It was Sunday, so they could be going to church though, I'm just not sure if they're religious though. "Wow, you two look fancy," I said. "What's the occasion?"

"Oh, we're just going to run a few errands," Mr. Afton said. "But we should be back in a few hours."

"Oh, well, have fun? I'm not sure exactly if that's the phrase that I should use...," I said. Mrs. Afton shrugged.

"Well, it could be, I'm just not sure though," she responded. She looked at the time on her watch. "William, it's almost 10, we should get going."

"Alright, one second," her husband replied.

They left a few minutes after. Apparently Elizabeth's friend's parents picked her up for a playdate, so it was awfully quiet in the house. Zeus was spending most of his time either chewing on a bone or sleeping in his dog bed. 

They have this IRobot vacuum cleaner, so when it started running on it's scheduled time, Zeus did acknowledge it, but didn't really care. It went over to where Zeus was and instead of Zeus moving, he just layed there. The vacuum was going around him and trying to clean there, yet Zeus was just acting like it wasn't even there. I chuckled at this and went back upstairs.