Better Families

((!! ART ISN'T MINE !! Lol, it's actually my home screen though ))

Thank God P.E. is at the end of the day, just so then I'm not sweaty all day long. I walked out of the locker room after changing and walked to the drop-off and pick-up area. I saw Michael sitting on a bench over there. I walked over and said, "Hey." He looked up.

"Oh, hey [Y/N]," he said, patting the spot next to him. I sat down. "So, uh, it looks like we have all of our classes together except for 4th and 6th period, huh?" I nodded. I was about to say something else, when a car pulled up. I could tell immediately that it was someone in Michael's family because the license plate said, "Aftnfam". Afton Family, I'm assuming.

"Oh, there's my dad," Michael said. Michael and I grabbed our bags and stood up. We both got into the car and were greeted by a, "Hey Michael, who's this?"

"This is [Y/N]. We got assigned to work on some stupid Science project together," Michael said. I gave his dad a small wave. Instead of driving away, Mr. Afton turned around and gave me a questioning look.

"You look really familiar... does your last name happen to be 'Emily'?" he asked. I nodded. "Huh, interesting..." Now, I know that he said that like a genuine statement, but there was something off about the way that his tone changed slightly. I shrugged it off though. It was probably just because he knew my dad.

"So, I'm gonna have to drop you guys off at home cause I still have to pick up Elizabeth and Chris. Are you guys gonna be fine?" he asked. Michael and I nodded.

-----------------------------------------------------

We were dropped off at the Afton household and went inside. "Alright... Science project... yay," I said sarcastically.

"Get used to working with me. Mr. Johnson only changes the seating chart if he needs to and he makes us work with whoever is next to us whenever we do partner work, which is like every week," Michael explained.

"Oh joy," I said, once again sarcastically.

We worked on the project for a few hours ((It was boring as heck)) and I must've been over there for quite a while, because when we took a break, it was already dark outside. But before I could even think about saying "Ugh, I should probably get going,", Mrs. Afton walked out and asked, "[Y/N], do you want to stay for dinner? You know, you're always welcome here." I was hesitant, but replied with a "Sure".

To make a long story short, I stayed over for dinner. Note to self: Mrs. Afton is a really good cook. I looked over at the clock though and it said that it was already 8. "Oh, I should probably get going," I said.

"Do you want me to drive you?" Mrs. Afton asked.

"I'm ok, thanks for the offer though," I responded. I grabbed my bag and said goodbye, quickly leaving. Maybe I can slip through the door when I get home? I sure hope so. My foster mom is scary whenever she's mad.

I was barely even 20 yards from the Afton's home, when I saw a familiar car driving down the street. Oh crud. It's my foster parent's car! I tried to hide my face and keep on walking, but the car started speeding up. No, no, no, no, no! I thought. I ended in a full on run, but ended up tripping and falling onto the concrete. I tried to scramble up to my feet, but instead, my foster mother got out, grabbed me by the hair and yelled, "Young lady, why were you over here for 5 hours?!" I squeezed my eyes shut. Somebody please help me.

{Michael's POV}

Ugh. I still have homework in 3 different classes. I hate high school so much. I sighed and pulled out my math worksheet. I took one look at it and groaned. "Why are there letters in math? We don't have numbers in English!" I stated.