Sorry

Chapter 5

Feelings. Its a crazy concept if you think about it. I've always felt things stronger then others. When I fall for someone, I fall hard, when I love, I love hard. Everything has always been felt so strongly.

So, laying here on his chest listening to his heartbeat strengthened everything I felt for him before. But like he said...we could never be anything. I didn't really expect anything less.

*4:45 am*

"King?" I slowly sat up holding my head. I walked into the kitchen to get some orange juice when I noticed something was wrong, King wasn't here, not sure where he was. As I turned to fill my glass I was hit on the back of my head.

I fell to the floor in pain, holding my head, "Well hello there sugar." I leaned my head back against the cupboard, "Luis, please." He bent down to my level and grabbed my face after tying my hands to the cupboard handles. "No...I tried to warn you Laine baby.... but you didn't listen."

Truth is, I've always had a feeling Luis could kill me anytime he wanted to. I wouldn't say I want to die... but right now it just seems like an easier option.

"Luis, can I ask you something?" His eyes slowly met mine "What did I do for you to hate me so much?" He looked off to the side in a trance, "You know what it's like hearing that you aren't enough every single day? Hearing it from your own father, from your own friends? I hear it everyday that I'm not enough for you, or your too good for me and deserved better. Bullshit. You deserve everything you've gotten from me."

I know I shouldn't, but I feel bad. Just the feeling of not being enough, my life was like that for years, I've worked so hard to be where I am today and for everything that I have. The difference from Luis and I is that he think he doesn't have to work for anything, thinking daddy's money will just get him there and make him feel like he's enough.

"What are you gonna do?" He smiled evilly "Well, why not just get rid of you." I could tell by the look in his eyes he meant everything he said, this was it. 

Well I thought that until I heard the front door lock click, assuming King came home. Luis had tied me to the handles of the cupboards so I couldn't move, "King!"

"Elanie?" He ran into the kitchen catching Luis. "I'm quite tired of seeing you, Luis? Was it Luis?" He looked at ceiling while tapping his chin, too calm for comfort.

How is King so unphased by the fact that I'm tied to my god damn cupboard handles?

"Leave. Now."

Wait...he's letting him leave! He's let- my thoughts were interrupted when King began untying me.

"Elanie...are you okay?" I stared at him blankly with  tears in my eyes, I wasn't sure how to feel, my ex boyfriend just tried to kill me.

Where was King?

"sorry I wasn't here."

I ignored him, slowly walking to the bathroom to examine my head.

"Are you actually mad at me right now?"

I shook my head.

I wasn't necessarily mad, I was annoyed he wasn't here and annoyed he let him leave.

"Sorry I wasn't here, I guess you forgot that I had a life besides you."

I laughed humorlessly shaking my head, "I didn't ask you to stay with me. I didn't ask you to protect me and I sure as hell didn't ask you to save me."

"Forgive me Elaine, for not letting you die. Maybe next time I should."

I dropped my head and leaned on the bathroom counter, "You aren't obligated to keep me alive, and you're not obligated to stay with me so if you feel that way then you can leave."

"Fine."

I slid down the bathroom wall as I heard the door slam shut, sobbing. I didn't want him to leave but it's not good for him to stay around me anymore, it's not good for me to be around him anymore, I can't fall for him.