Ruined

Chapter 19

Everyone paced nervously around the room as we waited for King to arrive.

We were all scared shitless.

"He's here."

"Oh god i'm gonna die. I'm going to die, we're gonna die. I can-"

"Bray shut up! We aren't gonna...we might not die."

The elevator door opened and King stepped out. They didn't tell him why he had to come back, just that it was an emergency.

"Keegan go on you tell him."

"No! I vote Cole tells him"

"What! I didn't get us in this mess."

King threw his bags onto the ground, "I want her to tell me."

I felt as if I was going to pass out, I slowly moved over to sit in a chair at the table.

"Okay...so after I read your letter I told everyone I was going to sleep and that I had a headache and to not disturb me."

"Which was a fucking lie, might I add." Cole stated.

"I feel bad enough and you know that." I shot him a glare before continuing, "I snuck out from the latter off the balcony and went to a club with Imani and Valencia." I watched his every movement, the way he would clench and then release his fists trying to calm himself.

I'm gonna be sick...

"I was at the bar when Michael came up to me, I didn't know who he was, you guys kept me in the dark on everything, I never thought he could be a bad guy...he asked me to dance and I eventually gave in, after awhile a drank too much and blacked out. I woke up in his bed, but nothing happened! I had him take me to Dublins, the only place he knows to ever find me!"

I watched his eyes turn black and any emotion drain from his face but anger. My eyes quickly shifted to the ground as he stormed over to me and grabbed my face.

"What is wrong with you!" His deep voice boomed throughout the penthouse

"I didn't fucking know he was dangerous! How was I supposed to know when no one told me anything!"

"You are mine Elaine!"

"You left me! You left with no goodbye! You broke up with me through a god damn letter! If you still think i'm yours you are so far off King."

"I don't know who you think you are talking to Elaine, but I can guarantee you that it isn't me." He let go of his grip on my face and turned his back away from me.

Cole stood up from the couch, "We checked everywhere around the penthouse and her, there's no devices, he doesn't know she has any connection to you..."

His head snapped back to me, "To make up for all the shit you ruined, you're going to get with him, and get all the information we need."

The shit I ruined? I feel bad for putting their lives at risk but how was i ever supposed to know that Michael was the one who shot King when all they did was keep me in the fucking dark.

"You will go home and wait for him to call you. When he does you will agree to a date and you will continue to go on dates with him until I say. Now leave."

I shook the tears from my eyes and grabbed my things. I cant believe I never saw the asshole he was.

I took the ring from my finger, ripped the necklace from my neck that was hidden the night at the club, and threw them across the room in front of everyone. Before I leave I needed to make a scene.

I watched King walk away from me one last time before the elevator doors closed.

—————

I slammed my keys on my table and closed all my curtains in my apartment before wrapping up in a blanket and sitting on the couch.

He blames all of this on me. If Michael figures out my connection to King my life is over and King knows that. But by the look on his face tonight...he doesn't care.

——————

I slowly opened my eyes and searched for my phone through my purse

"Hello?"

"Hey Morgan, I didn't wake you did I?"

My eyes open wide as Michael speaks on the other end of the phone

"No you did, but what's up?"

"I wanted to take you somewhere tomorrow if that's alright"

"Sure." I hated this in so many ways.

"I'll pick you up at 5?"

"You don't know where I live?"

"I can figure it out"

"Okay...5 it is. Goodnight Michael"

"Goodnight Morgan."

I don't know if I can do this. I don't think I can look into Michaels eyes and act normal. He almost killed King and if he finds out anything about me, i'm next. I don't have a choice, he made that very clear to me.

He's a completely different person. I don't even know who he is anymore.

——————

"I'm going on a date with him today at 5." I said to everyone avoiding King at all costs.

"Good" He said "We will be speaking to you through this device, wherever you go we won't be far behind incase something goes wrong."

I accidentally chuckled under my breath at the fact that now he's trying to care.

"What's funny Elaine. Enlighten the fucking group!"

I rolled my eyes and stepped into the elevator, the doors closed just in time before King could reach me.

What do you even wear on dates...

I changed into an oversized button up, gray top that had a black belt secured around my waist. I paired that with black boots. I curled my hair and put a small section back into a ponytail.

"Hey."

"Hey Adrisia."

"Sorry I didn't stick up for you to King...he would of killed me."

"I didn't expect anyone to. I don't need anyone to."

"You look great, are you ready?"

"No." I said walking out of my bedroom and into the kitchen

"You know King cares about you Elaine...he wants you to hate him."

"He's doing great then."

"Don't let him do that. He's never cared about anyone before..."

"I'm not letting him do anything. He's doing what he wants to do. Nothing that I can control."

I took a deep breath before taking a Motrin.

"Michael will be here soon. You need to go."