Lockdown

Chapter 17

*Kings POV*

"King.."

"Where's Elaine?"

"King...sit down."

"Where the fuck is Elaine?"

"They had found us...they." He looked away from me, he knows better then to fucking look away from me! I stood up and grabbed him by his neck, "They what!"

"They took her."

———————

It's the same thing every night, some nights she's just gone in my arms. She'll just fade away and I can never find her.

"I'm not sure if you get these notes, that'd be embarrassing if I was just writing notes to random stranger. Anyway Elaine is okay, Adrisia just arrived a few nights ago and she's beginning to smile again. We still hear her at night praying for you. -Keegs."

I threw the note down on the counter with the rest of them. I cant write back it's too risky.

This is what's best for her. She doesn't need me in her life ruining it. Before me she had a solid plan. Finish out college and her work at Dublins, get her degree and work in the tallest building she can find.

Then I came in and I noticed her priorities changed, she wasn't on as many shifts for work  anymore, she spent less time on school work and more time present in the moment.

And then I got fucking shot, that clearly was not in my plans. Michael always did love dramatic entrances, I know he saw me with a girl but I always covered her from any cameras on the streets and in buildings, she never caught onto it. As long as he didn't see her face she'll be fine, I could of been with any women.

I went through the rest of the notes my boys sent me, one in particular stuck out. One sent from Cole.

He must of wrote this high, this makes no sense.

"Certain over more effective, but as certain kind, never others too, suspicious and fake enough, he realizes, and you move or else, for her."

Then another note from him.

"May it change another eternity life, make every time, every life and is not enough."

Somethings wrong.

Certain over more effective...certain over more effective... wait.

Come...back not safe...here anymore, for her.. Michael met Elaine, oh shit.

I pace back and forth. There's no way he knows it's her...I'm always careful. Getting shot doesn't count, i allowed that to happen.

I put a black sweatshirt on and put my gun in my waistband. Putting my hood up I walked out of the door to the furthest pay phone from my safe house.

"Cole."

"So I see you cracked my super secret code."

"Cole." I said in a deeper voice, letting him know i'm pissed.

"When she walked into Dublins he was walking out, he, clearly purposely, dropped his change, and you know Elaine being fucking Elaine bent down and helped him pick it up. The whole time he was staring at every single feature on her face, by the way your girl is completely clueless."

I chuckled humorously, she's not clueless she just doesn't care.

"He told her that his name was Michael and she said her name was Morgan."

Why would she use her last name. But she was smart to lie.

"He said he'd come back to see her again, he's getting too close King."

He is too close, if he finds out she has any connection to me, he'd tell all underground, and word travels fast there, there'd be a bounty on her head within an hour.

"Tell Elaine she needs to take off. Keep her on lockdown until I contact you again."

"Oh i'm sure she's gonna love this."

——————

*Elaines POV*

"Are you kidding me!"

"Elaine you cannot kill the messenger! Put it away!"

I gripped the knife tighter in my hands, he's not going to keep me in my apartment trapped with them. Adrisia was leaning against my back with a knife in hers, she wants to leave this house and be away from these boys just as much as I do.

Bray slowly stepped closer to me, "Trust me, we don't want to be on lockdown with you guys either."

"Then don't."

"Adrisia, you're supposed to be on our side, do you want King to kill us all!"

"I'd rather die then he trapped in here with all of you!"

"Put the fucking knife down you're scaring me!" Keegan held a pillow over his chest, "Good! You should be scared."

"It's not our fault...this is to keep you safe Elaine, keep you alive."

I'm tired of everyone trying to do everything for me. It sounds terrible but I cant handle constantly being sheltered and babied anymore.

"Have you ever considered the fact that maybe I wanna die?"

They all lowered their shields they created and stared at me, Adrisia lowered her knife and turned to face me.

"I was just asking."

"Don't ever ask a dumb ass question like that again." Cole grabbed the knife from my hand and threw it on the counter, "What is wrong with you!" He grabbed my shoulders and guided me to the couch.

"Why are you yelling at me."

"We put our lives on the line everyday to keep you safe."

"I never asked you to." I shrugged

"King did, the boy who loves you more then himself, asked us to. That should be enough."

"How do you know he loves me? You think he loves me? He left me alone here when I needed him the most! I almost lost him, he almost died and as soon as I think I get him back, he disappears with no goodbye! So forgive me for feeling some type of way about this situation." Tears streamed down my face as I slammed my bedroom door like a child.

I locked the door and got into the shower, not moving underneath the burning water.

I've almost mastered crying in silence.

But right now all I can hear is my sobs and nothing more.