Adrisia

Chapter 16

~Dear, Journal, 2 months. It's been exactly 2 months since King left.The boys have been up my ass for 2 straight months, one of them watching me at all times. I'm losing my mind.

"Excuse me." I pushed Bray out of my way and ran down my apartment stairs. "Where are you going Elaine!" He yelled, leaning over the railing. "To work."

"Wait for me!"

There has not been a single moment in 2 months that I had a chance to be alone, when I shower Valen and Imani sit in the bathroom.~

"Braylon. Can I go to work alone."

"You did not just call me by my full name."

I continued to walk to Dublins as Braylon trailed behind me.

—————

"Good evening Elaine! I haven't seen you here in awhile, I was getting nervous my favorite waitress stopped working here!"

I let out a fake laugh, "Oh never Dena. This job must just be meant for me!" Meant for me, my ass.

"Must be! Where is that handsome fellow you've been strolling with?" She must mean Bray, every single day I try and beat him out the door so I can walk to work alone, but he somehow, always knows my move before I make it.

"You must mean Braylon, he's just a friend..."

"Oh no no dear," She cut me off, "The other one, with the scary face and fancy car, he used to pick you up from work often."

"Well Dena I wish I could tell you, but I really do not know. We haven't spoken in a long while."

Her face saddened, Dena is one of my regulars, she used to come here with her husband before he passed away, she never stopped coming. She sighed, handing me her menu, "Just the usual"

I went back into the kitchen to give the cooks her order. "She's missed you, we were nervous she was going to stop coming if you didn't return soon."

"I just have a strong effect on people Marco." Marco is one of our younger cooks, senior in high school. "That, Miss Elaine, you do."

"Here is your coffee Dena, just the way you like it."

"Thank you dear...Elaine, can I have permission to speak freely?"

One thing about Dena, she's gonna tell you how it is, whether you want to hear it or not, she wasn't really asking me to speak freely, she was going to do it anyway.

"Of course."

"The boy..."

"King" I finished her sentence.

"King, yes. The way that boy looked at you." She smiled off to the slide before looking back, "he looks at you like Joe looked at me before he passed. I'm not sure what happened between you two, but you guys are going to meet again. I know of it."

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind" I patted her shoulder before going to receive another tables food.

—————

When I entered my apartment I was greeted by a girl sitting at my dinning room table, reading a book from my shelf.

"Um hello..." I slowly closed my door and set my keys on the table.

"Hi" She said nonchalantly

"Who are you?"

"Adrisia"

"Okay...why are you in my apartment?" I looked around looking for the way she got in.

"I totally forgot that part of the conversation...I'm Braylon's sister, King sent me...he thought it would be a good idea for you to be around more girls"

"King sent you?"

Her eyes avoided mine as she sighed, "I'm not gonna watch you shower or sleep by the way, I respect boundaries and I know that everyone has been all over you for the past few months."

I slid my shoes off my aching feet and dropped my bag on the floor, "thank you."

There's been moments where I could cry without it being noticed, not many, but enough to hold it semi- together. I wasn't just crying over King, yes him leaving hurt, but even when he was here things were bad.

Everyone needs to cry every once in awhile, but crying never actually solves anyone's problems. Eating, on the other hand, might solve some problems.

As I stood under the burning hot water I thought to myself, I wonder if he thinks about me...what if he just doesn't want to be with me...there's nothing left for me to do but move on. I cant just stop living my life anymore for him.

————-

"Makie!"

"What ugly?" He said not looking away from his game.

"Says you, wanna go for a swim?" I plopped my body onto his bed "Yeah you need to start swimming your laps again, those rolls are coming back" He grabbed my stomach and pinched it. I pushed him off his bed as we both laughed

"I have more abs then you, chunky boy."

"Oh you wish!"

We drove to our community pool, Makie and I love swim.

"Ahha I beat you by exactly 2.3 seconds, and I beat my last time!" I took my swim goggles off and took the towel that he held out for me.

"Yeah yeah Laine, I just took it easy on you, figured you needed a win."

"Liar! You're just mad you lost to your little sister"

"I let you win!" He said walking away and heading back to the car.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Akie."

—————

3:46am

I miss him so much...he always got so defensive when I always beat him.

I looked into my bathroom mirror, the dark circles under my eyes have become more apparent then normal. My eyes are left swollen from the night of crying.

"Hey..."

"Adrisia, you scared me."

"I heard you crying in your sleep, we can talk if you'd like?"

————

"and when King was here, I rarely had dreams, but now that he's gone...it's been an every night thing, except now I have nightmares about him."

"King is a very guarded person, but anyone could see how much you mean to him, I haven't even been here and i've heard so much about you. Everything he's doing is for you...even if you can't see it yet."

For me?

I miss him so much...his hugs, his slight smiles, his sarcasm.

2 months.