Welcome

Chapter 22

"You asked him to join?" Adrisia dropped the knife she was cutting lettuce with

"Yeah?"

"Are you crazy?"

"I don't think so but i've been accused of being crazy before."

"Elaine. Focus." She snapped her fingers "If you want to join you need to understand that it isn't about just you anymore. It's about everyone around you. We would all die for each other in a heartbeat. In this world it's the leader over all."

"And id die for any of you." Which is true, they've done so much for me, dying for them is the least I can do after everything they went through for me.

"And you also need to be able to hold your own, you need to be strong, fast. Your aim needs to be perfect. King wouldn't let anything happen to you but some jobs he won't be there for...I don't think you understand."

She's right...I don't understand, but King can't leave this world, so I might as well join it.

"You train me."

"Are you sure...because I won't go easy on you."

"I'm sure."

——————-

"I'm not so sure about this anymore." I laid my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.

"No going back, run it again"

We trained for another hour. Another hour of being kicked, dodging hits and realizing how out of shape I am.

"Okay tomorrow we are going to wake up at 5am and work out and then Cole is going to teach you shooting, aiming and knives."

I laid across the floor exhausted.

"Elaine up." King said leaning over me

"Why..."

"Because you're training with me."

—————-

*2 Weeks later*

"And everyone will welcome her and protect as if she is your own family, because she is now."

"Glad to have you here with us Laine"

"Welcome to the family."

I adapted to the training quickly, my aim was better then most in the gang and King said I was really quick on my feet.

I've gone on 3 more dates with Michael and have another one tonight...he's taking me to meet his gang friends. King doesn't like it but it's the closest we can get to him right now.

"Are you almost ready? We have to hide your earpiece extra good this time, they have good members who are observant."

I wore a black,brown, and cream striped dress with a light denim jacket, I paired that with white shoes. I left my natural hair down.

I looked at myself in the mirror. King came behind me, bending down to rest his head on my shoulder. "You look beautiful." He kissed my cheek before looking back at me, "And if he touches you i'll blow his brains out."

I laughed at his threat.

"I wasn't kidding."

"I know."

"Sorry lovebirds but we have to get out of here before he gets here."

King spun me around so I was now facing him, "Yeah cause I might kill him."

"No need no need" I patted his back before attempting to push him out the door, which I terribly failed at.

"Come on scary boy, we gotta go"

King stopped at the front door before his lips clashed against mine. "Be careful...if anything goes wrong-"

"It won't, now go."

They made sure they left plenty of time before Michael showed up.

"Are you nervous?" He glanced at me while driving

"A little bit." 

"Don't be, it's gonna be great.

It better be great because I'll die, literally, if it doesn't.

He helped me out of the car and up the stairs

"Everyone this is Morgan, my girlfriend"

Girl-girlfriend? That was not a mutual decision.

Despite the disgusted pit in my stomach, I smiled at everyone.

"It's nice to meet you guys."

"The pleasure is ours, I'm Ivan, this is Antonio, Camilla, Detroit and Milo."

"Finally another girl around here." Camilla wrapped her arm around mine and pulled me into the living room

"How'd you meet that asshole?"

I laughed, "We ran into each other at the diner I work at. Literally."

"Classic cliche."

"It really was."

She observed my body language, "You know that he's a man whore right?"

I smiled, "I know i'm not the only one." She furrowed her eyebrows, "neither is he" She busted out laughing, throwing her head back.

"You must be Morgan" He outstretched his hand for me to shake, "Marcel"

My heart stopped beating for a minute before I snapped back.

"Nice to meet you."

"There's one more member you have to meet, he's running a bit late."

I nodded my head, I wonder who else is missing

"Oh speaking of the devil"

"Now now, don't be a dick."

"Elaine make an excuse, get out." Keegan frantically yelled through the earpiece.

My heart dropped at the person who stepped into the living room. They're going to kill me.