Never

Chapter 23

Luis.

Act normal Elaine...maybe he won't recognize you. Maybe you won't die today, maybe they'll wait until tomorrow. But if I die today maybe they'll make it fast...probably not.

"Elaine." King spoke through the earpiece snapping me out of my trance. "Whats you call Lain?" Adrisia asked me, truthfully I have no idea what i'm going to do other then accept the fact that I am going to be killed.

"Luis! This is my girlfriend Morgan!"

My eyes traveled to Luis, the clear fear shown in them. I still managed to put a smile on my face pretending I was wasn't scared out of my mind.

"Morgan huh?" I looked up at Luis innocently. I was innocent...in a way.

"Nice to meet you." He tilted his head to the side observing every part of my body. Gross. I let out a sigh of relief when he stayed silent.

"Hey the pizza is here come get it" Ivan yelled from the kitchen. The house was beautiful, it was really big and modern.

As I got up to head to the kitchen Luis grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a room off the side of their living room.

"What are you doing here." I snatched my wrist away from him, rubbing away the pain from his grip. "I could ask you the same thing" I crossed my arms over my chest waiting for a response.

"I'm living my life. In this life they make me feel enough." I wasn't sure what he wanted me to say to him. His life was none of my business, and my life wasn't his either.

"Now are you going to tell me what the hell you are doing."

"No" I turned away from him and walked into the kitchen, I find it funny how he's questioning me, I really couldn't even give him an answer on what i'm doing here, right now i'm just trying to survive.

"It's time to go."

"Hey guys i'm sorry to cut this short but it's getting late and I have tests to take in the morning. It was nice meeting you all, I hope to see you again!" It wasn't hard to lie to them, they're the people who almost killed King.

"Okay...I'll call you later." Michael kissed the side of my head making me cringe. His touch feels nothing like Kings, his touch just gives me an empty feeling, but just being around King gives me butterflies and makes me feel like i'm actually alive.

My feet hurt from walking, Michael drove me here and sure had no intention of driving me home. That is until King pulled up next to me.

"How did you know where I was?" He stared at me with dead eyes before shaking his head. "I know everything, get in the car." I rolled my eyes throwing my head back before getting in.

"You lived." He looked over at me raising an eyebrow before looking back at the road. "Barley. Did you know Luis was in there?"

He stayed quiet, not giving me any sense of an answer to my question, but his silence was enough.

"So you knew. You let me go in there knowing that he could of blown my entire cover!"

He sighed, stopping the car and looking over at me. "You think i'd let you go in there without backup in case something went wrong? We have undercover people in there, Camilla." I made an o shape with my mouth.

"That is why the day he tried to kill you, he lived. As much as I wanted to cut his limbs from his body, it would ruin our alliance and I didn't need that to happen right then."

"And then Michael fucking shot me. The only reason any of those fuckers are alive is because Cole reminded me that we needed to wait to kill anyone until we can get Camilla out safe."

It made sense now. Everything Camilla said added up now, the way King didn't touch Luis, even when he had fire in his eyes.

"You train tomorrow at 5am."

I closed my eyes for a moment, not opening the car door just yet. "Can you stay with me.." I opened my eyes to him staring back at me. He motioned his head towards my apartment and helped me out of the car.

———————

"Why are you crying Elaine." He rolled his eyes before pulling me into his arms, holding me tight.

"Because he lied to her! But then he fell in love and she doesn't believe him!" King and I watched the movie 'After' while eating popcorn. Although I cried the whole end of the movie it was really nice to have these moments with him again.

"You really believe they aren't gonna get back together?" He looked blankly into my eyes. "But what if they don't!"

"They always do." He repositioned himself so he laid on his back and I laid on top of him.

"What would you do without me."

"Die" He said nonchalantly. I laughed, shaking off his comment although I knew he was serious.

As I laid on his chest I listened to his heartbeat. Every worry I had from the day left my mind as I lay here.

"Are you gonna leave again?" I sat up, my legs straddling his lap as he sat up with me. He laid his hands on my hips, squeezing them slightly before moving his face closer to mine. His eyes shifted to my lips and before I knew it his lips crashed against mine. "I'll never leave you again"

—————-

"Alright get up." King pulled the blanket from my body. "Go away" He let out a deep chuckle before picking up my body and setting me down in front of this bathroom mirror.

"See this, baby." He pointed into the mirror "You're beautiful but if you don't move in 5 minutes you're gonna be running around the whole city."

I groaned letting my body go limp in his arms, "You cant make me" He let my body fall to the floor and stepped over me "Ow."

"I cant?" I shook my head and rolled over onto my stomach folding my arms as support for my head. "Change. Now."

His demeanor changed showing me that I should probably listen. I changed into leggings and a black tank top and slipped on black nike shoes.

"Come on" He led me outside but walked past his car. "King where are you going?"

He smirked, "I told you if you didn't get up you were running the city. I'm feeling nice today so we are only running to penthouse. Now run."

Run? One thing about me, I do not run. I pass-failed gym class because I refused to run.

"Elaine. You are going to run when I say run."

I looked up into the sky seeing the dark clouds hovering above us. "But it's going to rain."

He chuckled for a moment before snapping back into seriousness. "I don't give a fuck, now run."

I rolled my eyes and began to run, "Rude."

——————

As soon as we arrived at the penthouse I collapsed onto the floor, my body soaking his floor from the rain.

"Get up we aren't done." I rolled around on the floor laughing, "Yes we are I cant move anymore."

"No we aren't."

"Well I am"

"Elaine remember who you are speaking to." He kissed my forehead and brought me new clothes to change into. "I want you up with the sun, fighting first thing with Adrisia. If I find out you didn't wake up i'm gonna kill you."

I smiled at his comment. Normal people wouldn't smile at that but I know he would never hurt me. "You wouldn't."

"You test me enough."

I shook my head laughing, "You know you love me."