Ball

Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Things with Michael have been going great, he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut so it's not hard to get information. Also the way only talks about himself.

"I want you to attend the mafia ball with me tomorrow night." The mafia ball was something King has told me a lot about, how dangerous, but important they are. "Michael are you sure? I don't want you to feel obligated to invite me."

The truth is that I wanted to go with King, I feel so much safer with him, but I don't have a choice.

"No I want you to come. And if you're scared don't be" He didn't make me feel any better, he'd definitely push me in front of him as a shield.

"Does he wanna die?" King said clearly annoyed.

I laughed inwardly to myself, "Okay I'll be there."

"Do you wanna die." King spoke through the earpiece. I shook my head holding back a laugh.

"I'll see you tomorrow night Michael." I have dodged every time he's tried to kiss me, i've done everything I could to ensure he did not kiss me on my lips.

King will kill him on sight and ruin our plan and I will quite literally die.

King picks me up from Michaels 3 blocks down just incase someone sees him .

"Are you sure it's safe for me to go with him...what if something happens."

"Nothings going to happen to you. These balls are dangerous but we are all going to be by you the whole time. Camilla isn't going to leave your side"

——————

My anxiety was at an all time high the entire night, I was up sick every hour. And every hour that I was up, King was up with me.

"Elaine, love. Look at me. Everything is going to be fine, i'm going to be by you the whole time, I won't leave your side. Camilla is going to be on your arm, and everyone else is going to surround you and Michael. Nothing is going to happen to you or me or anyone else there."

He managed to calm me down enough so I could get at least 4 hours of sleep, the entire time he held me in his arms.

—————

I changed into a long red dress that had a slit on either side that stopped below my hip.

I wasn't scared for myself at this ball, I was scared for King. I cant go through what happened with him before again, and Michael wanted him dead, almost as much as King wanted him dead.

My hair was straight and hung low down my back. I put on dark red lipstick and mascara.

"There's been a change in plans." King walked into the room with a black tux on that displayed his muscles perfectly through it. His curly hair was more defined. His eyes were always so captivating...he had light brown eyes that matched his skin tone.

"Elaine are you listening?" I looked over at Adrisia who was annoyed. King looked over at me and smirked as he shrugged his shoulders. "Sorry what's the plan."

"You're going to attend the ball with us tonight." I closed my eyes and kept them closed for a long while before I opened them again, "What?"

"Michael cant do anything to us at the ball because he's not their leader nor can he call their shots, only Marcel can. If he does try anything his gang is obligated, by our rules we set to them, to shoot him on sight for single-handedly going against our alliance."

"Michael wants King dead, but not enough for it to take his life as well. Also Elaine we cannot talk directly about certain things here so we all wear earpieces and use them almost the entire night."

I nodded in response caught up in my thoughts. King came from behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and laying his head in my neck.

"Stop worrying."

"I cant just stop worrying, what if-"

"Stop it. No more what if's. And you look absolutely beautiful" He kissed the side of my cheek and smiled at me. Smiled.

"Hey! Was that a smile!" I turned my body to face him. "Nope you're delusional."

"Alright! Let's move."

We all got into the limo that was parked outside, King sat close to me and held my thigh.

I'm not sure what's going to happen here, but I have a bad feeling that it's not going to be anything good. Depending on how Michael reacts to me betraying him i'll either live or die.

We waited in the line to enter the building, everyone's names being called off with their dates one by one.

"Coleson James and Adrisia Miller."

"Braylon Miller and April White."

"and lastly King Siciliano and Morgan Taylor."

I let out a small breathe of relief when they did not say my real name. My relief was gone when everyone's eyes shifted to us. Including Michaels.

*Cole* "Alright Elaine, Michael is approaching you."

"Morgan...what are you doing with him."

"Michael, you just moved so fast I wanted to tell you but then you introduced me as your girlfriend to everyone and I just couldn't bring myself to-"

"Shut the fuck up Morgan."

Before I could say anything, King stepped in front of me. "Watch it. I won't hesitate to put a bullet in that thick skull of yours if you continue to speak to her like that."

Michael stormed away, pushing people as he walked through.

"You okay?" I nodded looking through the crowd at all the terrifying men and beautiful women who are ignored. "Are they all like that?"

"Only the ones with no respect."

He outstretched his hand for me to take, "Would you like to dance m'lady" I laughed, "Why yes, I would love to."

"How did I get so lucky."

"I don't know, maybe you did something."

He shook his head, "Every decision I've made in my past has led me to you, the women I'm in love with." A smile broke across my face as he finished his sentence. "Miss Morgan, I would love to have a second chance at being your boyfriend, but this time it'll be done right."

"Hm I don't know i'm going to have to think about it."

"Yes? You said yes? Oh okay."

I laughed and laid my head down on his chest, "Yes."

The rest of the night went pretty smoothly, there was only one fight but luckily King was not involved. And that night everyone including Camilla made it in the limo safely... if only we made it home that way.

—————-

"You're gonna be okay, okay? Help is on the way it's gonna be okay..."