Bad News

Chapter 18

Love could be labeled poison and we'd drink it anyways.

We all decided it was better to go to Kings penthouse, it was more protected and bigger so we all didn't have to be so close together.

I spent all my days in Kings room. I stopped talking to everyone, Imani and Valencia came and visited in the beginning...King said they can't come anymore.  So I stare at the ceiling, letting the tears occasionally fall from my eyes.

I don't eat a lot anymore. I use to love food, now I just feel sick thinking about it.

A knock was heard on my door before a small crack of light was welcomed into the dark room.

"Hey, King wrote you a letter."

"Thought he wasn't aloud." I kept my gaze on the ceiling, not bothering to look at Keegan.

"He's never been known to follow rules." He laid the letter on the bed before quietly closing the door.

All of this is pointless. I've been living the same day over for almost a month now.

I grabbed the letter and turned the flashlight on my phone on.

"Dear Elaine,

I don't really know what to say. I haven't heard your voice in almost 3 months. I need you to understand that i'm doing this all for you, if anything were to happen to you I would rain hell on this earth. So that's why i'm not with you right now... and that's why we can't be together. I hope one day you can forgive me.

-King Siciliano"

My life is a joke.

——————
"Hey guys..I know that you guys read the letter King sent, i'm just gonna take a shower and go to sleep, I have a really bad headache so if you could please not bother me.."

"We understand"

"Sleep good ma"

———————

I changed into a short, strapless red dress that hugged my curves perfectly. I straighten my hair, leaving it down.

Me: Get ready

Imani: Outside

Valen: Let's go

We all gotta die someday...I stepped out onto the balcony and swung my leg over the railing. There was an emergency escape latter connected to every balcony in the building.

"Well... here goes nothing."

I slowly made my way down the latter until I made it to the ground.

"Bad news."  I said pouting

"What did you get caught?"

"No, I lived."

"Shut up and get in bitch."

For a high security penthouse, they aren't very high security.

As we stepped out of the car the cool breeze smacked my body back into a reality. Our heels clicked across the concrete as we walked to the steel club door.

"ID's please" The bouncers eyes traveled our bodies as we searched for our ID's "Actually you girls are free to go"

"Valencia, did you flash him?"

"No! I didn't even have to this time."

We walked straight to the bar and sat down, if you sit just right, someone will buy you a round.