Date

Chapter 20

It's just a date...it'll only last a few hours and then the act is over until next time.

I took one last deep breath before opening the door.

"You look amazing" His eyes trailed my body before stopping at my breasts.

I snapped my fingers causing him to look into my eyes, "Thank you, are we ready?"

"always"

He stood on the first stair holding out his hand, "wouldn't want you to fall"

I gave him a fake smile before taking his hand, truth is i'm glad he offered to help because these stairs and heels never work.

He opened his door for me before getting in the car.

"This is a nice car." I said trying to make conversation, which I wish i never did because he went on about his car for the entire ride.

"Elaine shut him up" Cole said through the earpiece

"We're here."

We pulled into a gravel driveway, there was a huge beautiful garden full of flowers and butterflies around it.

"This is beautiful"

"Thank you, I come here every Sunday to help tend the garden, the ladies husband used to do it but he passed away a few years back, so I offered to help her for free."

He helped me out of the car before leading me to a house at the end of the driveway.

I stood in shock as Dena opened the door of the house.

"Oh Michael dear! You've brung..." I shook my head slightly giving her a smile "You've brung a beautiful girl with you. What's your name dear?"

"Morgan." I said while shaking her hand, giving it a small squeeze as a thank you

"It's lovely to meet you Morgan. Why don't you come in here while he does the boring work in the garden and tell me about yourself!"

Michael looked at me in question, "If you wouldn't mind?"

"No no of course, meet me in the garden when you're done."

As she closed her front door I let out a sigh of relief.

"Now what the hell are you doin with boys like these Elaine Morgan!"

"Dena! Not so loud! And what do you mean, boys like these?"

"Now everyone knows who these men are, you are just clueless. What are you doing out here with him?" She gave me a very judgmental look

"Elaine only if you trust her." King said through the earpiece

"It's a complicated story, let's just say i'm in a situation..."

She scoffed before passing a plate of cookies to me, "I don't care what kind of situation you are in, why are you with Michael and not with King!"

"Dena it's complicated."

"I have time." She sat down on her couch, patting the seat next to her.

I explained everything that happened to her in the past few months.

"I just wasn't what he wanted anymore, the love, or whatever it was that he had for me...I guess it faded."

She chucked, "Dear, let me teach you a lesson. Love never fades. And that man, he loves you! And when you love someone you just never stop, no matter the mistakes they make."

"Then why would he do it?"

She sighed before grabbing my hands, "Sometimes people make choices that they think are the right ones. He will soon figure out what choices are right and wrong, and when he does, he will know that you, Elaine, are the right choice."

I felt her demeanor change, "So now why the hell are you running with a man like Michael. God bless the boy for my garden but he is not someone that you want to be caught with. He isn't about loyalty. He will sell you out within a second if it means he gets to keep his life or gets money from it. He's a coward Elaine. His intentions are not pure."

"Now King on the other hand, I see the loyalty in him, he wouldn't sell you out for his own soul."

I smiled at the thought of the King I knew before he left

"He's just so different now."

"No he's not. This is who he's always been. You just never wanted to see it, but you know that even after you've seen his flaws that you love that man. Don't let that go over a petty argument and mistake that anyone could of made."

"You be careful Elaine...Michael is a dangerous man if you cross him...I would say ask my husband but you can't."

I sat there in shock unable to speak, Michael killed her husband...he must not know that she knows. Before I could get any words out Michael opened the front door.

"The garden is all cleaned up, would you like to come look at it?"

I nodded my head in response, still in shock. What did I get myself into....