Warding

What is warding? The word means to guard or protect. When you spiritually ward, you repel or turn aside an attack. So let's start with a base, the way you would when preparing for a snowball fight. First your house, home, or living space will become like your secret base. You want a cleansed environment so nothing is left hanging around. Now you must think deeply, meditate, or wait for the right thing to come to you. You are waiting for a name, a name for your base, your safe space. Without a name it is much harder for people to psychically attack. Do not share this name with anyone, keep it to yourself, and honor your safe space. You can create a guardian to protect your home by enchanting an object or giving it your intentions. Make sure to care for your guardian, check on it frequently, and if necessary leave offerings. Some people believe by keeping an eye talisman with you, you are protected from any ill will, specifically jealousy. When the eye becomes blinded it has served it's purpose and needs to be replaced. Place crystals in their corresponding places around the home to create a barrier. Black salt can also be used to create barriers, or used in rituals to repel negativity. Salt sprinkled on windows, and doorframes prevents energy from crossing over. You can also sweep with salt daily to absorb anything left over, make sure you sweep into one corner and get all of it out otherwise it can fester. Herbs are often hung around the home, burned, or grown inside the home to promote their correspondences. If you grow herbs make sure you talk to them, and give them your intention. If you cannot burn herbs a good alternative is to boil the herbs, strain, and use the remaining water to make a spray. Your intention is your most powerful tool, everything you put out comes from your intention. Always be clear, be calm, and don't be afraid to talk to the things around you. Visualising a barrier of white light is a common, quick form of protecting a space. Use what methods call to you the most, don't do anything that doesn't feel quite right, trust your instinct.  Research the processes before you attempt them, and ensure you are familiar first.  Another old saying to ward off illness is to eat onions in march, and garlic in may.