Power in Privacy

Have you ever wondered why practitioners lived far outside villages, up on secret mountains, or way off in the woods alone? When you have an audience, this leaves your work open for opposition. Something to learn along your journey as you begin your practice, is to be careful what you conjure, be certain of your intentions, and mindful of who knows what you're doing. The internet is full of others giving wonderful examples of works to try for yourself using videos and pictures. This is all good and well so long as you understand that your practice has an infinite audience on the internet especially. This can also apply to who you tell about your practice. Some people are not in a safe position to tell that they practice their craft, this can be referred to as being in the broom closet. There are many ways to stay unnoticed spiritually as well as physically. Be mindful of your online presence, who knows what's going on in your life, and who you tell about the things you're dealing with. For example, if you put something together to reflect any bad that a particular person felt towards you, it might not be the best idea to post it to your social media with a full ingredients list and the purpose it serves in the caption. There is nothing wrong with educating others online or learning online. I've seen many experienced practitioners speak on this as they film their work. They will often tell the ingredients and full process, but when it comes time to give intention, they will disclose that the purpose is educational only, with no physical attachment to the person for their protection. The internet is a wide world, and we mustn't forget that not everyone online is our friend, and the internet rarely offers any true privacy. When we talk about our work with others, we must also be careful with people. Not everyone is accepting of the practice, and this can lead to conflict. For another example, say your friend discusses some light elements of the craft with you after they read an online article about their horoscope or something of the like. You open up in the conversation by talking about how this lunar cycle has affected you in correlation to the article, which leads to you two talking about what you may have done to handle this cycle better. Maybe something simple like meditating, shadow work, or burning incense. Your friend asks how they can achieve something similar, and you explain further. This person may be unfamiliar with the craft, and should something go wrong, they may turn to you as the source. Make sure you are surrounded with people who are understanding of your practice, before sharing your work. Your efforts are sacred, therefore be mindful of who impart that to. Our energy is shared when we exchange knowledge or emotions. The people we interact with every day create an energy trade off, when you get bad feelings from a person, listen to your spirit. If you are drawn to another person, find out why. Remember you don't have to share anything about your craft with anyone you don't feel safe sharing with. You are sacred, your energy is sacred, protect yourself in privacy if you must. We've all been in the broom closet at some point or another when we didn't feel safe. Do what you must to be safe in your life, your craft, and home. 

Bless.