William Vangeance x F!Reader || Romance in the Air

A request from @minakoarisato04 I hope you enjoy !

~Romance in the Air~

"Charlotte, what has become of me?" [Y/N] comically sobs into her hands with her close friend and fellow squad captain, Charlotte.

It had been quite a long day leading up to this point. It all started when Marx sent out a request for all captains for a meeting the night before. This meant that [Y/N] would come face to face with her biggest weakness- none other than her fellow captain, William Vangeance.

In preparation for the meeting, [Y/N] had contacted the leader of the Blue Rose to ask for advice. Her first mistake of course.

"Be strong, [Y/N]. He will see your strength and fall in love." Charlotte's owns stutter and flushed face showed through the holographic communication device. Her mind focused on the incoming close range of her own not-so-subtle crush. Of course we readers know that this will not go as planned.

~
"Daliah, I have a meeting today. Would you mind assisting my journey to the capital and back?" The signature smile of the captain of the Pink Robin was audible in the request.

"Of course captain! Would you like to leave now?" A bow from everyone in the room, but the co-captain- Daliah- asked the question.

"If you wouldn't mind. We can grab something to snack on at the capital." [Y/N] nods.

This was mistake two. She will regret eating right before the meeting.

~
"There's been a lot of division in the country as of late." King Julius starts the meeting on time (surprisingly). And our lucky girl, [Y/n] was seated right next to her kryptonite. She could barely focus on the words Julius was saying, gazing at the table distracted by the unintentional brushing against her leg every time William or herself adjusted their position. When his voice rang our with suggestions she hadn't quite heard the words, unintentionally opting to hear his deep and sophisticated tone instead.

Her face was flushed and she was feeling a bit ill at that point. The food she had was sitting a bit too nicely in her stomach, begging to be released, which didn't mix well with her anxiety caused by being so close to William.

"[Y/N]? Are you okay?" The sudden attention on her made her stomach flip more and a nervous sweat to break across her forehead. But she chose to ignore the bubbling anxiety and turning of her stomach, opting to follow Charlotte's advice and maintain a fierce persona. Her typical smile rose on her face and she nodded.

It worked well, and she was finally paying attention to the argument of how to unite their country together more, wishing that the rich noblemen would not let their classist ways impact their society so.

It worked until she felt a bubble of air rapidly rise up her throat. It was so sudden and invasive that she couldn't do as she typically would and hide it as a deep breath. It escaped, and it was loud. Soul- resonating loud. The kind of burp that unintentionally makes your toes curl, and pat your chest because it was so uncharacteristically deep.

All arguments silenced immediately- faces of awe, disgust, and indifference turned to state at [Y/N]. The normally silent, flushed face, shy [Y/N].

"E-excuse me!" Her face grew red so quickly as she faced her fellow captains that the fellow captains feared she would faint, but she quickly stood and ran our of the room.

"That was a good one." Yami spoke first after taking a deep drag of his cigarette. It's followed by Jack's and Fuegoleon's cackle. An "I didn't know she had it in her" is tossed around in the newly [Y/N]- centered chatter.

"It was disgusting. Hard to believe she could produce such a sound." Nozel's stern voice sounded. Gueldre nodding his head to agree.

"She was so red! It almost looked like she was crying though, I wonder why?" Rill's childish voice rang out.

"I'll go and find her." Charlotte had an badly hidden worried look on her face as she walked out, knowing her close friend was usually cautious against such acts, in the company any of others like this at least.

"It's natural, why do you all seem surprised that [Y/N] does belch?" Williams' light voice rings.

"It just wasn't expected. It was a solid 10/10 in my books though." Yami continues to chuckle.

~ elsewhere with [Y/N] and Charlotte~

"It's fine, [Y/N]." Charlotte was trying her best to comfort her close friend.

"He'll never want to be beside me ever again!" [Y/N] sobbed into her hands, hiding in the storage closet down the hall from the meeting room.

"He didn't care and you're overreacting." Charlottes blunt reply came, but was met with more sobs.

"You should've seen his face!!"

"Who's face? No one truly minds, it was just sudden." A soft deep voice that most certainly didn't belong to Charlotte responded.

"W-William? Why are you here?" [Y/N] looks at the closed door and slowly placed her hand on it, instantly able to vividly see the area behind it via air disturbances and rather unique synesthesia. She was in charge of undercover missions for a reason.

She sees William walk closer to the door before placing his hand on the knob, but he doesn't move further to open it.

"I would never lie to you. Please come out so we can finish the meeting." His pleasant voice rings and she can see his small smile.

With a few sniffles and a wipe of her teary eyes, [Y/N] stands and reaches to open the door, coming face to face with William before shamefully looking back to the ground and gripping her skirt sullenly, more afraid to meet his eyes than usual.

Nimble but firm fingers gently tilt her chin up and her [e/c] irises are suddenly gazing into sweet amathyst orbs. She watches his eyes as they follow a stray tear and feels his hand reach up to borderline lovingly remove it from her face with gentle eyes and a very light chuckle.

"You're fine, [Y/N]. I promise." He smiles a bit wider before moving his hands around her waist and giving her a soft hug. A soft squeal was ignored from their forgotten friend before she quietly runs to the meeting room to spread the new developments of a fan-favorite ship.

"O-okay." [Y/N] slowly wraps her hands around William as well, face burning and mind running, before letting the tension fall from her shoulders and deciding to bury her face in his chest.

They settle in that position for a few long seconds before separating and beginning to head back. William did, however, continue to hold her hand.

~BONUS!

"Why are you all crowded at the door?" William's hand doesn't leave [Y/N]'s as they walk towards the large door of the meeting room.

"No reason." Came Julius' coy reply- an obvious lie judging by the smile and nervous sweat on his face.

William sighs before leading [Y/N] to her seat and pulling her chair for her. "Please, sit." And smiles to her.

"He only smiles that much when she's around." Rill's observation.

"He's so smooth about it, almost makes me angry for some reason." Yami states out loud to no one in particular while they all stand in the doorway. Everyone nods, seeing the figurative cherry blossom petals falling around the two captains.