Magna Swing x Reader || Red String

~Red String: Magna x Reader~

"I was swaying in a gentle breeze surrounded by silence and holding someone's hand. We stared at the ocean together listening to waves crashing and laughing, but we never looked at each other. Then I woke up." I consulted my friend during our small break between class. "The same dream has been going on for days now!!"

"Have you been looking at your string?" Her response was a simple question. One I admittedly haven't thought of because I didn't believe in actively pursuing the destined fate given to us, rather letting myself blindly be led there and enjoying the view.

I shook my head no and she let out a loud sigh and actually facepalmed. Like,,, actually did it.

"Hehe... sorry."

"You're still not looking." She points to my left hand that was behind my back clutching my right hand tightly.

"What if I can see it now, [f/n]? Am I supposed to follow it?" My voice turned serious and I looked down at my sneakers before turning back to my best friend. "What if I turn out like my-"

"Don't finish that. We've been through this [y/n]. Their story is not your story. And you don't have to do anything with the string if you do see it. But you know the dreams are a sign of an approaching soulmate and you know you'll inevitably meet them."

"Yeah but-"

"Alright class take your seats and let's begin today's lesson" The teacher interrupted us and [y/n] gave me a "we'll finish later" look before turning to the front.

I allowed my mind to drift slightly to the past- specifically my parents. They were soulmates who found each other during their high school years and lasted until about 5 years ago -when I entered high school (which I find absolutely ironic). I know! Soulmates are forever !! How did they not last?!!

They weren't supposed to be romantic soulmates, but felt pressured by the bond and their peers to get into something they both didn't truly want. Maybe at first they believed it. But during their 3rd year of college, according to my dad, he began to feel differently and couldn't stay committed. But by then I was conceived and he felt obligated. It was terrible to hear as a middle school student.

Long story short, they both cheated on each other and had a nasty fall out and I lived with my dad and saw my mom every weekend during high school. And I moved out for college and here I am, trust issues and some philophobia that's prevented me from exploring options seriously.

I had my future planned out until now. A single, hard-working badass with a cute husky dog by my side. No intentions of seeing a soulmate. But that was never an avoidable option.

So now I wait.

—-

Once classes end for the day I decided to get a few things from the store before I head home.

In hindsight, if I was avoiding my soulmate I should've known better than to do random unplanned things.

But while mindlessly walking into my local supermarket, I bumped into someone and made them drop their groceries.

"Ah sorry! I was lost in thought!" I immediately bent to pick up their fallen goods without looking at them.

"It's okay I should've been paying more attention." A strong male voice invades my ears and I internally gasp at it (it's a weakness okay!)

The most cliche hand touching scene plays out and suddenly I'm staring into captivating steel grey eyes.

Then we're transported to a peaceful breezy area overlooking an ocean, holding hands and smiling at each other for a few moments.

"Holy shit it's you." He whispers out before I have a chance to fully comprehend what just happened. "You're my soulmate."

"Magna! Hurry up we're late to the club meeting." I head a lighter voice call out and the man in front of me snaps his head to the direction before nodding.

"I have to leave, but here!" He pulls out a pen and rips a piece of napkin from the bag of food he carried to write his number down. I take the time to notice his Grey and black hair, his piercings, and his sharp features that softened drastically throughout our interaction. Thence hands the paper to me before getting up and beginning walking away with a powerful strut.

"My name is Magna Swing! Call me later!!"

I watch his back for a few seconds thinking about everything so far before my friend's words from earlier play loudly in my mind and I decide to take a chance.

"M-MY NAME IS [f/n] [l/n]! I'L CALL YOU AT 7!" I scream out. He turns around and smiles widely before giving me a thumbs up which I return with a wave.

"NICE TO MEET YOU [f/n]! I'LL WAIT FOR YOUR CALL!" He gets in the car the voice from earlier called to him from and I watch his friend say something to him that causes steam to blow from Magna's head and giggle before turning to buy my groceries.

We'll see how Magna Swing is for me as we continue our new road.

A/n : hi! Sorry this took so long and that it's short I've been handling quite a bit and haven't been in much of a writing mood. I hope you guys enjoy this and please forgive any typos. It was kinda rushed bc I didn't want to loose the inspiration 😌