Yuno x Reader || Get Away

~Get Away~ (inspired by the song !)

"Let's get away." I whisper to Yuno in the middle of a training lesson.

"What?" He instantly pauses and moves his hand to grip mine (with a loud protest from Bell of course.)

"Far away from here. Just for today." I smile and begin to walk backwards- pulling him towards the exit from the Golden Dawn's hideout.

He lets a rare smile slip and nods, taking the lead and making his way to the broomsticks before grabbing his and motioning me to get on behind him. And after a quick stop to grab a picnic lunch to take for the two of us, we were off.

I pulse a bit of extra magic through him as a courtesy for carrying me when I wrap my arms around his waist.

"Did you have anywhere specific you wanted to go? Or can I show you something?" His silvery voice floats around me.

"No. I just wanted to spend time with you." I tuck my head in his back to both further the embrace and shield my face from the wind. I feel him nod once and continue to enjoy the feeling of being beside him. It was rare to have a day off, especially since he became the vice- captain. Even more rare to get him away from his office and desk work, but I understood. He was simply fulfilling his duties.

   It helps that he always makes his way back to me to sleep in our shared room.

   I slowly begin to sing a song I would often hear in the outer towns during patrols.

   "If you got plans Can you change it? If you're booked can you rearrange it? Cause I've got a plan to escape this land and dream on the sand with you."

   "We're here." Yuno gently cuts me off, slowly lowering the broom to land in the middle of a gorgeous meadow blooming with daisies of ample colors.

   The moment we're both standing on our feet, I grab his hand and begin to walk through the flowers with a giggle. It was beautiful here.

   "How did you find this place?" I turn to look at him with a wide smile, watching his own small smile and love glazed eyes look into mine.

   "During a mission a few months ago. We were on our way back and decided to rest here after the long journey. I thought you'd like it." Is his curt explanation.

   "I love it. Thank you for being me." We keep our eyes locked for a few moments before I break it in favor of releasing his hand and skipping through the meadow like a child.

   During our impromptu date, I made Yuno and myself weaved flower jewelry- crowns, bracelets, necklaces, etc. And Yuno sat beside me, delicately picking the flowers and handing them to me. We stopped just before sunset and ate our packed picnic together, which consisted of me feeding him fresh fruit, him reminding me to eat as well, and me eating most of our sandwich.

   It was almost like we had nothing to worry about for the future but each other. There were no Magic Knights, no magic, no obligations or responsibilities. Just the two of us in the middle of this daisy field.

   "Thank you, Yuno." We had just watched the sunset with him leaning against my chest and my leaning against a tree, combing my fingers through his silky dark strands.

   "For what?" He tilts his head back to see my face, his own relaxed in a content blank look (but his eyes shone with joy).

   "Entertaining this idea. You didn't have to." I lean down to kiss his forehead, and let out a small chuckle when I saw the blush reaching his ears.

   "I've been missing you. Im glad you asked for this." Always concise with his replies, not that I ever mind.

   His hand graves onto mine and placed it over his heart, maintaining eye contact as he said his next words.

   "Once I become Wizard King, marry me?"

   A small gasp instantly replaced by a wide smile covered my face and my eyes widened with delight.

   "Of course I will."

Bonus

   "HEY !" An angry little shrill voice sounded from Yuno's cloak before the green face of Bell popped out.

   "I stayed quiet this whole time while you were smooching my Yuno! How dare you take his hand !!!" She flies out and glares into my eyes.

   "Bell, I asked her." Yuno's emotionless reply.

   "YUNO! I'LL SAVE YOU FROM HER EVIL SPELL- "

   "Bell, I love her." Yuno's reply is more stern this time as he leans up and grips my hand more firmly, pulling me into his chest now.

   "I love you too." I smile up to his handsome features.

   "BUT YUNO!!!" Bell's voice wavers and there are tears in her eyes.

   "Bell-san. I promise not to take all of his time from you. He needs you." I turn to face her, holding my hand out to form some kind of truce.

   "HHMPH! Fine." She crosses her arms and settles onto my hand. "Only for Yuno though."

A/N
Hello! This one's shorter than others but I wanted it to be a little of an escapism kind of one-shot :) I hope you enjoyed it !!