Langris Vaude x Reader|| Out of Love

~Out of Love~ *possible spoilers if you're not far in the series!*

Langris Vaude was terrifying. That was a simple fact. He was rude, and had strength to back up his verbal aggression. And at first, this created such an intense air between the two of us. The first meeting between our noble families was for our arranged marriage. When his aquamarine eyes gazed upon me like I was nothing, I became angry with my parents and asked to be excused from the meeting. Moments later, Langris appeared beside me and I had told to him that I did not wish to marry him because he was rude and arrogant. He told me he didn't want to marry a stuck up girl like me, but our parents wished it.

We grew, forced to spend time together and the air surrounding us began to slowly shift itself.

He may have been strong, but I was as well. He simply couldn't to use his fear tactics and it frustrated him. It frustrated him that I wasn't easy to manipulate and control. I obeyed, but I wasn't afraid and he enjoyed the chase. We trained together, ate together, and took the Magic Knights exam together. Our outward personalities remained the same, but we did grow close.

When we started dating, it was surprising to everyone. He had always seemed aggravated with me and I with him. But outsiders didn't see the long nights we would spend together. Him revealing pieces of his innocent self to me and vise versa. The small dates on our days off to bare fields because I was his flower. We were in love. The girl from the Blue Roses and the boy from the Golden Dawn.

"I love you." Langris said one day as he visited me to say goodbye before a mission. His aquamarine eyes had softened considerably when their gaze fell on me. A gleam I knew that was reserved specifically for me. I knew my [e/c] orbs looked exactly the same.

"You're my everything, Langris." I smiled brightly at him with flushed cheeks. His eyes never left mine as he reached for my cheek and pulled my face towards his. That was our first kiss.

Time continued on and Langris slowly grew more and more distant as he rose through the ranks of the Golden Dawn. Our time together became limited and although I wished to see him more, I understood.

Most of our off days were spent apart now, as well as our training time. Then there was a long two months where we did not speak to nor see each other. He stopped coming to see me off on my missions and left before I could see him off to his.

Then the Royal Knights exam came around and Langris tried to kill his brother. After his matches, Langris was taken back to the Golden Dawn for treatment, and a few days later was taken over by an elf, where he tried to kill the king and almost killed me in the process, knocking me out of the battle I was just barely aware of.

When I came to, I was bandaged and in the infirmary. Alone. The fighting seemed to be over and we were obviously the victors. All the tears I had been holding in released themselves silently.
~

A week passes, and here I am. At Langris' bedside in the Golden Dawn headquarters waiting on him to wake.

I take his hand in mine and give it a soft kiss before placing my forehead onto it with a sigh.

"When did you fall out of love with me?" I whisper to his sleeping body, expecting no response. Tears swell in my eyes but refuse to fall.

"I didn't want to be selfish and ask for your attention when I knew you were busy. I didn't want to annoy you and cling when you were obviously pushing me away." At this point the tears began to flow down my face. A slight hiccup escapes while I continue to vent the feelings I've tediously bottled during the past year.

"I've missed you so much, Langris. I love you but I can't help thinking you've fallen out of love with me." I finish with a river of tears and wet sleeves. All in vain of course, since he hadn't heard anything I just said.

I take a deep breath try and regain my composure, thinking how Langris would likely tease me if he ever saw me crying. I begin to move so that I could fix my appearance, but I feel his hand grip mine before I can let go.

"I never fell out of love." His groggy voice reaches my ears and before I can let them fully sink in, he pulls me onto him and holds my face to stare into my eyes the way he used to.

"Langris..." my voice cracks with emotion and I try to move to hide the tears trying to fall, but his hold prevents it and they begin to fall on his cheek.

"I'm sorry... I let you believe I didn't care because my desire to get stronger clouded my mind. I love you, but I think I'll need to leave for a while." He apologizes.

"Leave where?" I whisper

"Not now. For now I'll focus on recovering. We can talk about it later. Please? Just let me hold you for now." Aquamarine meets [e/c] And I fall into his arms just like I did years ago.

"Thank you. I love you, [y/n]. I'm sorry." He whispers gently while pulling me as close as humanly possible.

"I love you too, Langris." I don't will the tears away this time, accepting that he hurt me. And that he apologized. I burry my face in his neck and wrap my arms around his shoulders.

"It hurt a lot to not hear from you." My whisper sounds after a long moment of silence.

"I'm sorry." He holds me a little tighter and kisses the tip of my head.

I know we will work it out. I know that no matter what happens we will never fully separate from each other.

"I love you." He whispers again.

"You're my everything, Langris."

"And you are mine, [y/n]."

A/N: this was supposed to be sad but I couldn't bring myself to make it end sad :( Im sorry if the read is rough ! I was randomly inspired and had to get it out. I did little edits but anyways I hope you enjoyed !! Feel free to leave requests !!