Nozel Silva x Reader || Blue & Grey

~Nozel x Reader || Blue & Gray~ (warning: sad!!)

   I remember laughing at his hair the first time he decided to style it in that weird braid. We were only the tender age of eleven with no grasp of the real world. Beginning training to carry on traditions that were bound to change no matter how much we may despise it.

   My blooded hand grasps onto his with shakiness that I've never possessed before. I was always strong. I was always the more daring of the two of us. Fear had never taken a hold of me quite like this.

   We argued a lot, but in calm voices. Our irritation showing in a stance instead of with volume. The most intense one happening after a life- threatening mission while we were 17. He thought I was reckless, taking a damaging blow during a raid whilst he was preparing to launch an attack. When I woke from surgery about 3 days after our victorious return, he called me an idiot and said I should fear death more. I told him that death would claim me whenever it was ready to. He simply walked out and didn't speak to me until I finished recovery.

   I always worry him. He's protective in his own way. His present screams of my name were falling on deaf ears while memories plaid back in my mind.  His hand left mine to try and stop the bleeding. Pressing down on the gaping hole as if it would suddenly close. A gasp left my lips in shock when a surge of pain erupted. The strained sound forced Nozel to simply leave the wound open, returning to holding my hand.

   Whenever he got injured during our missions, I would tend to him after. He liked to appear strong in front of others, but I knew him well enough to see through the facade. Once, he completely dislocated his arm and continued as if it was fully functional. That was a particularly hard dungeon full of many annoying bandits who hid and did the sneakiest tricks I had seen. We weren't defeated, but we suffered an assault injuries. He let everyone else go be healed before himself and the mage was too low on energy to fully heal him once reaching him. When we returned I nursed him for 2 weeks alongside the healing mage assigned to their family.

   Chocked gasps drew me away from reminiscing. I didn't know who's they were. My body was beginning to shut down.

   "N..Noze...l" I whispered.

   "[Y/N]" I had never seen him this frantic. Tears were falling, mixing with the blood still gushing from my wound. I moved my hand from his tight grip to wipe the tears away, but smeared red on his porcelain cheek instead. I smiled at him anyway.

   "I... don't fe... fear death. Remember?" I gasped out. It was a lie if course, but why would I make him worry more?

   "But I fear loosing you. I love you." He whispers, dropping his head down to mine and touching out foreheads. His gaze was uncharacteristically unsteady and frantic. His tears began to blend with the ones I was now shedding .

   "Hey, Nozel. I love you." 22 year old me smiled to Nozel and reached to go hold his hand, only to be pulled into his solid chest and kissed on the forehead. It was one of our rare days off and we decided to go on a date. We were currently in a clearing surrounded by trees galore, simply wondering around. I giggle lightly at the feeling of his braid resting on my head- he doesn't know that- and look into his eyes before blurting "I'm going to marry you one day."

   He leans back and smirks down at me before reaching into his pocket to bring out a golden necklace with his family crest on it. I gasp in shock. He already asked our parents for their blessings?!

   "Once I become the Captain, let's get married." His tone cool as he places the necklace on me gently.  I beam at him and nod.

   "I'll stay by your side. I love you Nozel!"

   But it's been a mere 3 months and here I am. Dying after a fierce altercation with the Diamond Kingdom.

   My vision begins to grow dark and words fail to leave my throat at will. My breaths slow drastically and I try to push out the last words I want to tell Nozel.

   "I... l....lo...v-"  Sadly I couldn't finish.

AN: I hope this was easy to understand ! Yes I'm very sad. Anyways stream BE by BTS :) this is inspired by a song called Blue & Gray.