Yuno x Reader || Lover

~lover (modern au!)~
Requested by: @greymorning123

☆☆☆
I woke up to the gentle sun beams through sheer beige curtains, my iPhone alarm, and a familiar piano playing in the 2 bed 1 bath apartment I rent with my boyfriend of 8 years.

   A sleepy smile covers my cheeks and I stretch a little before I climb out of bed to go through my morning routine and prepare a small meal for both of us.

   "Yuno. I made breakfast." I peak into the second bedroom of our apartment which we transformed into a music room for us, as Yuno majored in music and had a piano focus whilst I minored it with a flute focus.

   "[Y/N], does this sound ok?" He peaks back look at me with his ever expressionless face (yet I noticed a crease in his brow) before turning back to the sheet music he had written in front of him and playing a progression of keys and turning to face me once he finishes.

   "Is this for your solo or our joint piece?" I question.

   "Solo." His quick response.

   "Then it sounds perfect. I'd add a legato between the 7th and 8th bars instead of keeping the notes regular. You said you wanted a more romantic sound for this right?" He nods at my question. "I think that would fit. Try it. But after we eat. I don't want our oatmeal to get cold." We smile at each other and he moves to join me in the doorway of the room and bends to give me a kiss on my forehead before guiding me to our kitchen/ dining/ living room (it's open concept).

   "How's your piece for end of year concert coming ? Mr. Nozel approved your final draft ?" He asks while we eat.

   "Yup! All I have left to do is practice. It definitely feels a bit easier since I wrote it. I'm so happy !" We've been super busy since the end of the school year was nearing, meaning out capstones would be due soon- and I had to do two of them since I majored and minored. I had already done my first one for my major, Kinesiology, with Mr. Fuegoleon.

   "Our final joint project's draft will also be due soon." Yuno and I had one class together this year and it was refinement course. We studied semantics of reading music and fine tuned out personal sounds to enhance the whole group. Our orchestra sounded amazing if I say so myself. Our final was to break into small groups with contrasting instruments and create a piece to present at our schools end of year music show no other rules were given and Ms. Charlotte- the teacher- won't be editing any scores (A/N fyi: this means the composition piece), just reviewing them to approve or deny them.

"I have work tonight so you shouldn't wait up." Yuno changes the topic.

"I'll make a lunch for you before I leave for work." I respond.

Majority of our interactions lately have been this way. The only time we get to spend together is the morning when we wake up, as young adults of only 22 juggling work, school, and managing our apartment, there hasn't been much time to spend alone or even with friends (but we do make time to grab a lunch with them bi-weekly).

Once Yuno and I finish eating the small breakfast, Yuno goes to wash the dishes and I begin on a quick bento box for both of us to bring to work - today is quick and simple katsudon with fresh fruit and a few pieces of jelly candies.

"Yuno. I'm gonna get a bit more sleep before work. Please wake me in 2 hours?" I ask my boyfriend after I put our bentos in the fridge. He nods and turns to wash the second set of dishes for the day.

☆timeskip☆

It's been a long 2 months of work and school, but now it's reached time for the finals presentations. Yuno and I have been practicing like crazy after we finished writing our joint composition and were extremely happy with our solos doing well just a few days prior when a world renounced composer and maestro graded our performances alongside the music department. Now, our joint piece is waiting to be performed in front of the entire school and on a livestream for anyone in the world to see.