Luck x Reader || Stormy Night

~stormy night~
* CW: angst, anxiety attack, and slight gore!  Y'all,,, there's mental illness in this aight 😭🤚🏾happy ending though !

✩✩✩

"This came out of nowhere! How are we supposed to complete a research mission in this weather?" Vanessa's voice was slightly slurred, but still held obvious agitation. After getting silence in response, Vanessa turns expecting to see her teammate. Instead, she is greeted by an empty space and no immediately noticeable trail.

Within the next fifteen minutes, thunder brightens the gray sky and the harsh crack of lightning follow seconds later. In the midst of mother nature's tears, Vanessa screams for [y/n]. Her maroon dress is soaked and her hat does little to prevent rain from soaking her face. She's panicked, and for obvious reasons. [Y/n] never left in the middle of a mission. They never abandoned their duty. And they definitely never abandoned their teammates.

Yet here Vanessa was, running through the alleyways of the capital on the verge of panic. Suddenly, a flash of lightning flys by Vanessa, knocking her hat off with the wind left from the speed and leaving her hair exposed to the rain. Vanessa's eyes well with tears and a small smile displays her newly risen ease.

✩✩✩

I can't stand rain. Even more so when the thunder and lightning join it. It reminds me of all the bad memories I've locked deep within my mind. All of the un-healed mental and emotional wounds and all of the trauma. The rain never washed away my stress, it just drowned my hopes.

Before I knew it happened, I was curled up in a spot I knew all too well with sobs racking my body and shivering as I was soaked from head to toe from the rain. My white once flowing shirt became a second skin and my pants became uncomfortably filled with excess weight, dripping even now.

My old home was full of bloodstains, but my bedroom was a pure sight in the midst of it. A dull eggshell white color with simple furniture and a few toys. Books filled the bookshelf in my room, as well as my vanity. Pictures of my family and friends I had drawn in my young age were pinned to the walls. And then there was me, sitting in fetal position in the corner between the bookcase and the wall.

No one's been in this murder house aside from me since my mother killed my father while I watched her shadow from the top of the stairs in horror. A knife, thunder, the sound of rain beating against the windows, falling blood mixing in with the rain's lullaby, and fear no six year old should feel coursing through my veins.

A crack of lightning alerts me of the current time, while sending me further into my mind.

We were happy and then we were broken and then they were dead. I never knew what happened between them and it's probably best that I don't. Part of me yearns to understand why though. Why did my mother murder my father? Why didn't my father defend himself? How was I to continue living with the survivors guilt instilled. I could never be as great as my parents were.

   Suddenly I'm 6 again, standing in front of two caskets. Loud whispers of rumors circulate my brain, but none felt true. My dad had a mistress. My mom simply went insane after her last mission. My parents were succumbing to debt. None of it was true, except for the fact that I was left behind and scarred from a murder-suicide. Thunder cracks again and a bright blue lightning urges me to bury my head deeper into my knees and cover my ears.

The next year was full of my quick surge into adult madness. I was an orphan who had to learn how to navigate this world quickly, learn how to feed myself, learn how to cope with loss, etc. My house was taken and the funds my parents attained was to remain untouched until I reached 15 and attained my grimoire. It was decided by unknown people that I would be stripped of my noble status and given to an orphanage. I was mercilessly bullied in the cruel way only children could do, on top of criticized and belittled in the way only adults to accomplish. Any light left in my eyes faded within that year. Days blended together, and then I was enrolled in school.