Mereoleona Vermillion x Reader: Like I Want You

~Like I Want You~

  "How do I even confess to someone like her, Yami ?!!" I held my head in exasperation. It was an utterly hopeless, obviously one-sided romance I was devoted to. She wasn't even in town right now yet I see her everywhere I go.

   The training grounds, the medics area, even a small pub in town! Well I could think of anyone going to those places honestly, but she was the first one in my mind every time.

   "Just do it. You haven't seen her in a while but you two were always pretty close from what I heard. Next round's on you by the way." His ever so helpful words rang through my ears.

   "This round was on me. But whatever I don't mind I guess." I sighed and grabbed my glass to continue drinking my sweet cocktail. Her favorite drink is a straight fireball. Always a rather intense person. Why would she chose someone as docile as I am?

   "Stop doubting it could happen. You don't know how she feels." A cloud of smoke engulfs my head and I let out a few coughs before turning to glare at Yami.

   "You looked pretty deep in your head. Stop it." Was his simple reply before inhaling another puff of smoke and ordering another beer.

   "Yami what if she-" I get cut off by Marx's face twisted in a familiar look right in between Yami and I.

   "[Y/N], Julius is missing again. Please help me find him he has mountains of paperwork to do." Another sigh escapes and I nod with a small smile. "Thank you! I'll cover the tab if you want?"

   "It's fine Marx. Plus Yami here would take full advantage of that." I chuckle before pulling out my wallet and placing a few bills on the bar. "I'll head out now. Yami, there's enough for two more rounds if you'd like. Thank you for listening." Are my final words before I head out and immediately rush to the rooftops.

   King Julius had a very bad habit of running away, and Marx quickly discovered that if he couldn't find him, I would with my ability.

   I close my eyes and take a deep breath before spreading my magic out thinly. Every breath of life was felt within me and I felt the city yet again. Everyone's magic was comforting. Most familiar, some new, but all were not who I was searching for. So I broadened my range to the middle ring. Many more new energy sources, but one made me instantly lose concentration and accidentally trigger my spatial shift... directly under my feet.

   For a second, I was free falling. Then I was in something soft.

   "Oi, [Y/N], it's been a while since this happened. Looking for Julius again?" I looked up at who I landed on with a sheepish smile and a heavy heat upon my cheeks.

   "Mmhm. Sorry. I guess I got distracted feeling you for the first time in a while." Mereoleona tilts her head sideways a bit while looking down at me before she lets out her signature laugh and throws her head back.

   "I've missed you too." She holds a grin while moves to sit up while holding my waist securely to make sure I won't fall again and I instinctively wrap my hands around her arms while she does so.

   "So how's training been? It's been lonely not hearing you and Fuego and Leo going at it" I keep my eyes trained on hers while we stay in this rather suggestive seated position. I wonder if she can hear my heart beating? It sounds really loud to me.

   "It's been great! I found another strong magic region. An Earth magic one. I just got through it a few days ago and was heading back to visit." She shifts slightly but makes no attempt to move me off her lap, but her mention of a new strong region has temporarily distracted me.

   "Oh ! You should take me soon ! I haven't been to one since I agreed to work closer with Julius!! I miss our adventures Mereo..." I move my hands to her shoulders and lean into her space even more out of excitement. I could feel the stars in my eyes, thinking of exploring a new area. A hand on my chin stops my fantasy fueled ramble and places me back to reality- which is honestly looking more fantasy- like than the fantasy did.

   "Leona..." It's quite an intimate scene now that I'm taking it all in. If an outsider were to see us, they'd assume we were together. I was seated in her lap with my hands on her shoulders whilst one of her arms were securely wrapped around my waist and the other gently tilting my face towards hers. Of course I dreamed of doing this with her. Of course I accepted that it would likely never happen. But the way she stares into my [e/c] irises made an involuntary shiver run down my back. Yami's words rush back into my mind and before I can fully think about consequences, the words fall out of my mouth.

   "Leona. Please allow me to court you. I've been in love with you since we were children." I whisper, afraid of rejection.

   "I accept." She leans me closer and plants an unexpectedly soft kiss on my lips which makes me whimper ever so slightly.

   "You're mine now." She smirks down at me and causes my heart to jump even more than it already was before we both lean back in with more vigor. Her hand leaves my cheek and joins the other gripping my waist as if it'll bring us even closer. And mine leave her shoulders to tangle themselves in her brilliant red hair.

~back in the royal city~

   "Do you think she'll find her? Are you sure Mereoleona was starting to head back here, Fuegoleon?" Marx's voice chimes in the office.

   Marx, Fuegoleon, Yami, and King Julius were all gathered watching as [Y/N] sat to search for the "missing king" who was currently holding a magic device that eliminates detection by magic users.

   "Yes. When we last spoke she said she was 'ready to see her mate again' and that she'd be back by what would now be tomorrow." Fuegoleon replied.

   "Let's hope for it." Yami spoke and was disrupted by [Y/N] letting out a small gasp, opening their eyes and opening a spatial space before falling. Marx's magic followed and they watched as [Y/N] finally confessed.

   "I would prefer to not watch my elder sister and her mate kiss." Fuegoleon sighs.

(A/N: Hi ! I'm absolutely whipped for Mereoleona ! But I hope you guys enjoyed this because I definitely enjoyed writing it 🥰 )