Mimosa Vermillion x Reader || Adorable

~adorable~

☆☆☆
"Mimosa please-" I beg my team healer but the plea fades with the wind out of her open window.

"You look adorable !!! You should wear dresses more often!" She smiles coyly after finishing her sentence.

"MIMOSA!" A raging heat lights from my ears to my chest.

"Just kidding, [Y/n]." A cute giggle follows.

She stops and moves to sit on her red clad bed and gazes at me.

I lost a training battle today against vice captain Yuno and this was the losers punishment. A walk in a ball gown around the base.

The dress is gorgeous, I can say that very simply. It's littered with gold lace frills and hugs at my muscles- somehow making them seem delicate. Intricate weaving of white and gold make the skirt while a bold gold corset with floral embroidery and fitted white sheer sleeves makes the top. It was made with mimosa in mind, so I'm not surprised that the bust hangs loosely on me, forming a more cowl shaped neckline.

"Do you think there will be people out to see this?" The fear is deeply ingrained in my question and my [e/c] eyes widen dramatically as I turn to Mimosa. The dress spins cinematically as I do, and I can tell right away that Mimosa does not care about my concerns nearly as much as she is proud that she got me in this gown.

"Makeup !" She snaps her fingers together as if she remembered the most important thing that would save the entire Clover Kingdom.

My face falls and I start to shake my head.

"That wasn't apart of it."

"Yuno said I could do as I please." The halo and shining light above her head is almost visible as she smiles innocently (read: deviously). This is followed by a vigorous stare down by her, her eyes asking if I would dare to defy her word.

I let out a sigh and move to sit at the chair placed in front of her vanity. In less than one second, Mimosa moves from her seated position to in front of me, her smile even larger than before and her hands resting on my shoulders as she leans in to examine my face.

Before I can begin to blush as her close proximity, one of her hands moves to grip my jaw and turn my face harshly from side to side before she abruptly releases me and moves to dig through the drawers of her vanity.

The once empty space becomes filled with products I couldn't even begin to name and she quickly sets to work with applying them onto my face. The concentration in her eyes keeps me from complaining - at least out loud- as she pokes at my eye lids and puts loose powders on my face that fly around my nose and make me want to sneeze.

She gives me little commands every now and then.

"Close your eye [she had a pan looking thing in one hand and a fluffy ended brush in the other]"

"Suck your cheeks in really quick." Another smaller pan and a bigger brush.

"Look down and close your eyes." A tiny brush with a huge pan full of colors, then a black pen.

   "Smile." A medium pink pan and an abnormally large brush.

   "I think I outdid myself." She finishes with a step back and a proud gaze at my face. She steps aside and let's me look in the mirror of her vanity and the person I see... yeah that's not me. Can't be.

   I reach up to tap my face and the mirror does too but Mimosa slaps my hand down. I look at her through the mirror and she shakes her head no- indicating that I can't touch my face.

   "This is me right?" It's a stupid question, but Mimosa nods and giggles none the less. "I look so hot." We both let out loud laughs and she nods, agreeing.

   "It's time for your walk." She holds her hand out for me and suddenly the makeup she placed on my face seems too sheer to cover my natural blush while I accept her offer.

"Let's get this over with, I guess." A deep sigh escapes my mouth as I stand in my typical boots (Mimosa didn't have shoes my size- thank the heavens).

~
Extras:
This is the first time I've seen Yuno laugh. Like a full, gut holding laugh. Maybe this loss wasn't so bad. Plus Mimosa is proud of her work, and Klaus hasn't stopped sputtering like an idiot.

❥❥❥
A/N: so... hi :) it's been 5ever lmao. Med school and work are keeping me busy (and unmotivated but whatever!) I'm sorry this is so short,, just wanted to do something kinda cute and mostly platonic (in a really shy reader way) but I hope it was enjoyable! I'll try to do a few of the requests [the person that requested Luck... I got you boo] soon! As always comments are loved and votes are appreciated 💜