Zora Idealex Reader || Through It All

~through it all~

A request by @thepogfrog (I'm so sorry this was supposed to be fluffy cute teen stuff and it became a long ass black clover slice of life hhhh,,,, there's still fluff in here though dw,,,,,,)

☆☆☆

   "Oi !! Why're you kids on my property !!!" The unknown royal man screamed at me and my best friend since birth. 

   "Let's go!!" Zora's boyish laughs rings and suddenly he grabs my hand. A blush lights both of our faces as we make eye contact for a quick moment, his eyes always captivating me. Suddenly his smile turns into a smirk and we're sprinting away, hands locked, with nothing to know we were there aside from our laughter ringing in the air .... and the abundance of rainbow stink bugs on the royal's front porch.

   After a while of running through the village, we slow to a walk and make our way to Zora's house in the outskirts of the village, swinging our interlocked hands between us.

   "Is Zara still away on a mission too?" I ask. Both of our parents- his dad and my dad- had managed to join the magic knights this past year although they were commoners.

   "They went together dumbo. If your dad's still gone why would mine be back?" He shoved his other hand in his pocket and made a little 'tut' noise as he kept a slow pace with me.

   "They were supposed to be back by now..." I trail off and look to the ground as we walk. My feet were covered with the typical cheap black shoes majority of our village could be seen with.

   "Yeah but maybe something happened and the mission got drawn out." He looks at me and turns up the trail leading to his house.

   We're bought to a stop at the sight of a Purple Orcas cloak at the front door.

   "Da-" Zora's quickly stopped in his call when he notices the short pink hair and the curvy body of a woman. Our hands detach and we ready ourselves for a possible attack. Our fathers warned us that they weren't very liked in their squad.

   "Who are you?" Zora asks and steps in front of me in a protective manor.

   "My name is Seren. I'm a member of the Purple Orcas in the medical department. You are the son of Zara Ideale and the daughter of [Fathers/Name] correct?"

   We both nod before she continues to speak. "I regret to inform you that Zara Ideale and [Fathers/N] [L/N] have both passed on during a mission. We will be sending their remains to be buried here as they requested upon joining the magic knights." She bows politely and walks past Zora and I to go back to her base.

   "Zora..." once the woman who's name I already forgot is gone, the fellow 14 year old turns to see me with tears in my eyes. We cried together that day.

𑁍

   Within a week, the funeral was held and the entirety of the Purple Orcas stood at the graveyard of our small village to pay respects to their fallen members.  Zora and I were shattered, but after the joint funeral, when we heard two of the members admit to killing our fathers, we grew hatred. Hatred for royalty. Hatred for magic knights. Hatred for our circumstance. And a desire for justice.

   The next year when we both receive our grimoires, I decide to confess my feelings to the now more stoic Zora.

   "You're the only one I could possibly tolerate. Practically made for me." We're his accepting words before he brings me into our first kiss.

   "We're gonna be ok." He whispers to me after we separate. His hands are on holding my face and his azure stares into my [e/c] for a long moment as we stood in the living room of the house he (both of us honestly, since our families were always close) grew up in.