Leopold Vermillion x Reader || Our First Kiss

~Leopold Vermillion: Our First Kiss~

   "Leo ! Stop running away !!!" I screamed chasing my best friend through his home. He lost a bet and was supposed to be giving me his desert but ran off with it.

   I heard him laugh in response to my breathless scream (he's always been the better runner of the two of us) and turned for a quick second before panicking after seeing I had nearly caught up to him.

   This quick panic was enough for him to mess up his rhythm and trip us both up, causing both of us to tumble a few feet before we land with him on top of my crushing my lungs. And he has the audacity to laugh !

   "LEO YOU'RE HEAVY MOVE !!" I wheeze out attempting to wriggle myself from under him whilst struggling to breath.

   "Hmm... no, I don't think I will. You're comfortable, [y/n]." He responds before lying his head in my neck and fake snoring very loudly.

   "Leo~!" I whine and kick my legs slightly as they're the only somewhat free limb I have control of before sighing deeply and deciding to let him off with a quick "Whatever" and moving my left hand to encase his. I began listening to his ragged, but quickly calming breaths and let my mind wonder to the sensations around me. But only slightly.

  I began by focusing on his weight. I joked around with him of course, but his weight was rather comfortable. And at this point, he had shifted so we were in a loose hug sort of position. His head was in my neck and half his body was on mine. Warmth radiated from his body to balance the cold radiating from mine. Our magic attributes were polar opposites, me from a house with a history of controlling Ice and him with Fire. My left hand and his right hand were gently tangled together. Every now and then my fingers would twitch slightly- the result of a training accident 2 years ago- and Leo's would caress them almost instinctively.

   I allowed myself to enjoy this scene. We don't get to relax like this very often anymore since we've joined the magic knights last year and were placed in different squads. Before then even, since we began training to join the magic knights about 4 years before we officially joined per family traditions.

   I raise myself right hand behind Leo to his brilliant vermillion hair and begin to play in it and he further relaxed within our hold, nosing at my neck slightly before grasping my left hand more firmly in response.

   " Hey, [y/n]?" Leo interrupts our silence after a few moments pass.

   I hum to let him know I'm listening.

  "Do you remember when we were younger how we always said we'd get married?" I know he feels the way my heart rate picks up slightly and my temperature raises as a light blush settles on my face.

   I let out a small giggle and nod with a hum of approval to his question.

   He suddenly lifts himself over me and stares intently into my [e/c] orbs. A tension of unsaid words coats us, drastically switching our rather domestic mood.

   "Let's get married later, okay?"  Leo says softly, not once shifting away in any kind of embarrassment. His face was an adorable shade of red, a striking contrast to his tanned skin and his turquoise eyes were dazzling as they stared into mine. He's always been ether bold and blunt. It had to be one of my favorite qualities about him.

I let a large smile grace my cheeks and lifted my now free hands to cup his cheeks before nodding slightly without breaking eye contact so that i could watch his excited and loving expression.

   "Say it out loud. Please" he whispers as if my answer would suddenly change or the moment would shatter by speaking any louder.

   "Let's marry later on, Leo" I gently say and guide his face closer, closing my star filled eyes. But he takes the final step and connects our lips together for a sweet peck. I could feel our rapid heartbeats synchronized and when he pulled back with his typical large grin, I giggled happily.

"You tasted like the cake you were supposed to be giving me earlier. I hope you didn't eat it all." And just like that we we're finally together.