Vanessa x Reader || Looks Like Love

~ looks like love ~

   I could feel her eyes on me from across the pub while I served the men of multiple magic knights squads their beer. She's been coming a few days a week to sip on multiple glasses of merlot for the duration of my whole shift before disappearing after leaving her pay with the bartender and a tip for both me and the bartender. She's got a reserved spot after 3 months and we don't even know her name.

She hasn't said anything to me, but every time I walk across the bar with a tray of beer and comfort foods, I glance over and make brief but extremely intimate eye contact with deep lavender eyes. A quick glance over her dusty rose pink colored hair, the top covered by a maroon witches hat that matches her maroon slip with a tailcoat like back that she wears to cover her behind. Knee high heeled boots of matching color peel from under the table, her knees crossed and the dress lifted a bit higher- just barely covering her skin, tight against the black garters. She's a beautiful dream, only a fool would deny that.

"Wrench ! Hurry with my beer, I've been waiting too long." A nobles voice calls and I break my gaze to look at the magic knight who rudely called me- though Im used to the harsh words. I place on my smile and continue my walk to their table to set their drinks down before turning away and going back to the bar to pick up another order of beers for their second table.

This continues for the rest of the night, hollers for drinks and food paired with leering glances at my body in the suggestive outfit that is my uniform. Until finally, the shift ends and we clear out the last customers of the night. I watch the female knight leave more than enough coins to cover her tab and a hearty tip before walking out with one last glimpse in my eyes and a small smile.

"Darrin!" I squeal once everyone is gone but the bartender and I- he's the owner and I'm the only employee.

   "Yes, yes I saw her. She actually smiled at you today such a big step." He rolls his eyes and leans against the counter of the bar after setting the bottles he used on the shelves.  "And you almost smiled back. Wow." The sarcasm drips down his words and I let a lovesick sigh out.

   "I wonder if she would ever want to go out?" I ponder out loud, not exactly expecting a response but knowing I'll receive one.

   "Bubs, you can barely smile at her. How will you successfully ask her out?" He gives me the typical 'are you dumb?' look and turns to get water and cleaning solution to wipe the bar
and tables, handing me a bucket to get my own mixture prepared for cleaning the floors.

   "That's a problem for the me of the future." I state as i begin to manipulate the water in the sink to begin cleaning the dishes from today while I begin mopping. We continue to talk about how the business is going and cleaning and before long, our practiced routine is complete and we're closing the pub down and getting our things to leave. Goodbyes leave my lips for the night and I walk out of the door only to be startled by the woman who occupied my mind more often than not.

   "Hello." She says with a smile, standing straight from her leaned position against the building across the street from us-a small restaurant- and waving at me with a bright smile. She now dawns long maroon arm sleeves and her Black Bulls cape with her outfit.

   "Hello. Were you waiting on someone?" I ask politely, heart racing and a flush dusting my cheeks despite the cool air of the night.

   "Yeah actually, I was hoping to walk you home..?" She also appears to have a flush covering her porcelain cheeks. She shyly looks away for a second before turning back to me with the same small smile she gave me before, but this time I notice a gleam of hope in her lavender orbs and immediately want to scream for Darrin to come and hear this.

   "O-oh!" I can feel the heat travel from my face to my ears and down my neck. "I would love to!" I call a bit too loudly before doing a small bow and saying a quick "I'll be in your care." And smiling ear to ear back at her.

   "Before we leave, can I get your name?" She asks before quickly adding "I'm Vanessa Enoteca. Sorry for not saying sooner." She giggles (I hear angels singing suddenly) and holds her hand out for a handshake.

   Reaching my hand out and clasping hers, I feel the warmth beneath her glove and a gentle tingle flows through my body.

"I'm [y/n]. Nice to meet you Vanessa." I smile back at her.

"Shall we?" She disconnects out hands and waits for me to take the lead.

I reach to grab her hand again and nod before walking to the right, beginning the trek home.

"It'll be a while, I live about 40 minutes away walking."

"Perfect. I've been wanting to talk with you. Though now that I am I suddenly don't know what to say." A nervous laugh leaves her lips and she turns away from me in embarrassment.

"I could say the same honestly. I guess... let's ask random questions for now? I just want to get to know you." I lean closer to her face and a bright blush quickly coats her cheeks yet again.

Vanessa nods before beginning with a simple question of 'how old are you?' We both answer then I go and we flip back and forth. Before long, the questions are no longer being asked and we're having a conversation about everything under the sun. Her laugh is musical as well as contagious and her personality is so caring and vibrant. She's someone I easily can feel myself doing this with. Simply existing in the same space together would be fine with me.

Before I know it, we've reached my home on the other side of the capital and she's standing beside me saying goodnight.

"Thank you for walking me home." I smile at her much more naturally than before.

"Of course! If you don't mind... I wouldn't mind doing this more often?" She finished as a question instead of a statement, clearly wanting my intake and hoping I enjoyed the walk.

"I'd love to. Maybe we can have a proper date one day too." I wink at her and giggle as the flush she had 40 minutes ago comes back full force.

"I hope so too." Her smile gets wider and she releases my hand bringing her finger to her lips before leaving an indirect kiss on my nose.

"I'll do it for real one day." She promises before taking a step back and blowing a kiss before conjuring a broom. She levitates a bit, waving her hand and with a final goodnight, she flies away.

"I could definitely get used to her company." I whisper, putting down my arm that was waving her off and turning to go in my home for the night.
☆☆☆

A/N: hi !!! I loooove Vanessa almost as much as I love Mereoleona 🥰 this was v much so me self indulging yet again :) I hope you enjoyed ! As always, comments and requests are welcome ! Votes are appreciated !