Nozel Silva x Reader || Fun and Games

~fun and games~
(Request for: BoniReads
yall,,, this ones extra long. Enjoy :D )

☆☆☆

"Captain ~!" My voice teasingly calls out to the white haired man sitting at his desk doing paperwork. "Come on, any longer in here and you'll prune up." I walk to his side and begin to tidy up the already neat paperwork. Gosh he was such a clean freak!

   "Vice- captain [Y/N] I still haven't received your mission report. Maybe you should be working on that instead." His voice is deep and sharp as always- but has no effect on me (well maybe it does, but not the intimidated effect he would be wishing for).

   "This is more fun though! I get to see your face." I smirk proudly and he lets out a deep sigh thinking I can't see the way his ears go pink at the pick up line.

This was our dynamic from the moment we met 10 years ago. He was 18 and I was 16, finally taking the magic knights exam after years of a sorry orphan lifestyle in the capital- not that i minded since every memory I have of my noble parents is either them beating me, or them planning to arrange a marriage for the financial gain at the expense of my safety and well-being. My noble status was lost at the age of 11, and I lived with Lady Theresa.

I'm glad Nozel wasn't the captain when I took my exam because he would've rejected me. Anyways, his braid had been styled the exact same way, I couldn't resist teasing the moment I saw him at the captain's side.

"Braidface lighten up, you're killing the mood down here!" There we're m gasps from nobles asking why a common girl (they didn't acknowledge that I was once one of them) would say such rude words, and snickers from fellow commoners and a few captains as well as full on laughter from the new Captain Yami.

Anyways, that was the past. We'd both grown in both maturity levels and in power.

   "Vice Captain [Y/N]-" He begins but I interrupt him with a dramatic sigh

   "Nozel. Drop the formalities. I know you're stressed, we all are. There's a lot going on. But you can't-" I pause in the middle of my small lecture and my eyes roll back while I whisper "Future Magic: Preview." The world goes dark for a brief moment until a roll of film begins to unravel and a flash of stop motion shots plays in my head.

   Fighting, blood, William and Yami and... a Spade Kingdom dictator? Is that me in his arms? A tree with devils imprinted in its roots. They're trying to open the 7 doors of hell. The Spade will attack Clover soon. And judging by how vivid the pictures were, how clear they were, this attack would be very soon- likely today.

   When I come to, I take a deep breath and notice I'm in Nozel's arms on the floor of his office. Sadly, I have no time to enjoy this moment.

   "We have to get the Wizard King now." The adrenaline is pumping through my blood as I wiggle out of his warm embrace only to stumble after trying to stand on my own for a moment. This Future Magic spell in particular has a terrible after effect, my ability to move is severely limited for at least half an hour and I can't use my magic. 

   "What's wrong?" Nozel's voice is stern  but his eyebrows are creased with worry.

   "Spade... attack." I whispered before the fatigue of my spell claims my consciousness.

The next time I came to, there were screams heard from outside the closed captain's office door. A wave of sinister magic knocked the sleep haze from my brain. My squad is in danger and I'm asleep? THE KINGDOM IS IN DANGER AND IM ASLEEP?