Snowy Days

I don't remember how I got into my bed or when and if Emilio left. I woke up to a strip of light beaming on my eye and I actually felt like I got a decent amount of sleep. I got up to take shower and make breakfast. But when I got out Hayden was in the kitchen already setting a plate for me and Alaia.

"Good morning baby sister," he said cheerily.

"Don't call me that, but good morning."

"How'd you sleep Tia," Alaia said smiling after biting a piece of toast.

"Honestly, I don't remember going to sleep. I do feel better though," I paused and looked around. "Where's Emilio?" Hayden shrugged and turned back to the stove.

"He was just here. He probably went home," Hayden said in a nonchalant manner. I scrunched my face at him.

"Really?"

"Really." I picked up my jelly toast and walked back to my room and scavenged for my phone.

"Where is it?" I looked under my bed and behind my nightstand. All around my vanity. "Where in the hell did I put it? Livingroom!"

"You know for someone who woke up not too long ago you're searching for something like a maniac," I heard Emilio say from my doorway. I jumped up and turned to him.

"You left me."

"No, you fell asleep. I spent the night."

"Well you weren't there when I woke up," I snapped back.

"You claim you aren't clingy and here you are complaining about me not being here when you woke up," he chuckled.

"When have I ever said I'm not clingy?"

"You have a point. Anyway, if your looking for your phone it's on the coffee table in the living room. And I brought you yogurt covered pretzels and a baja blast."

"Thank you." He smiled and walked tow me for a hug.

"You give me emotional whiplash."

"I do not," I said looking up at him. He shook his head and kissed the top of my head. "I didn't finish eating breakfast, and I sort of don't want to."

"Then don't silly. Also, when did your brother get back from his girlfriend's?" I thought about it for a moment and realized he had been gone a few days like my dad told me.

"I actually don't know. Probably today. But he should actually be back in school. Wait, school's closed cause of the snow."

"Oh, yeah. So what do you wanna do?"

"Watch movies?" I crawled into my bed to get comfortable with Emilio next to me.

We ended up not watching anything and all we did was talk. We didn't really talk about anything specifically, whatever came up was the conversation topic. Talking felt so intimate to me. Though we didn't talk about ourselves specifically, I knew we learned more about each other.

"I want to do this forever."

"What? Lay down and talk?"

"Yeah, with you. Just us together. Happy. Comfortable. Nothing can beat this. I want you, us, forever."

"Really?"

"Yes." We didn't say anything after those exchange of words. I just stared into his beautiful glittery grey eyes as he stared into my 'honeycombs' as he loves to say. I couldn't help but smile, he is my happiness. I'd never thought I would be as outgoing and successful. "Thank you," I whispered as I caressed his face.

"For what mi querida?"

"For choosing me."

"I wouldn't want anyone else."

"No one?"

"Hestia, my dearest love, I couldn't possibly see myself loving anyone other than you. Even before, I feel like I've been waiting for you for a while. I felt empty. I always played the playboy role quite well. But I didn't want just a few hookups and moments of happiness. A lifetime with you means way more. I never would have thought I'd find love as soon as I moved away. Sitting next to you on that bus felt like a mistake because of how bitter you were to me. Then I realized you just needed to be loved the way you haven't before. I mean the way I approached you may have been a little too aggressively sexual. But, I got you to love me nonetheless."

"Oh?" I chuckled and sat up a bit. "I will admit, I was a bit of an ass. But you know I didn't think I'd be here today, laying next to you. Thinking about being married to you, having your kids, growing grey and watching out grandkids play in the yard while we drink sweet tea and reminisce about when we were young. Maybe we're young and naive but I don't want anything else. Ever."