"I like burgundy"

Marisol, Emilio and I sat in the living room playing uno when Mrs. Álvarez walked through the door.

"Hijo? Hija? Dónde estás?"

"Aquí mamá," Marisol called as she put down a red draw 2 for me. I picked up two cards from the deck and waited for Emilio to go.

"Hi mommy, how was your day?"

"My day was good. Thank you. I see you all are playing uno. It's been a while since you two bonded." Emilio looked at his mom and smiled.

"Mother dear, I love you," he said standing up and giving her a kiss.

"I love you too hijo." She walked up the stairs quietly leaving us to continue our game. 

The game lasted about 10 more minutes until Marisol won. She and Emilio argued about how she cheated.

"Okay, fine, whatever."

"You're mad because I'm amazing hermano," Marisol replied standing up to leave. "I'll see you guys at dinner, if mamá cooks." She skipped up the stairs and I looked to my grey eyed lover who was already staring into my soul.

"What," I asked blushing. He smiled and grabbed my hand kissing and studying it.

"You," he said placing another kiss on my hand.

"What about me?"

"What do you mean?  You're beautiful, intelligent, kind, creative, erotic. You're you. And I love you." I gasped. His grey orbs looked into mine.

I was speechless. I just stared at him sitting on the floor in front his couch. I was thinking and thinking. I couldn't stop. Did I love him? Did he actually love me? Isn't it too early? If it's too early should we have had sex? Does he only love me because the sex? Am I capable of love? Is he? Why am I so frightened? Why am I not speaking? Why is he still sitting here?

"Hestia Navaé Oliver, I love you. Not because you gave your body to me. I love you and everything about you. You're a drug to me and I can't get enough. You may question my love, I'm okay with that. You don't have to say it back either. I just want you to know that I do. And always will. El amor de mi vida. Te quiero siempre."

Hot tears streamed down my face looking at him, hearing those words. I wanted to speak but my throat was sore and I was unable to even gather my thoughts together enough to speak. We sat in the I'm silence. I couldn't move not did I want to. I kept replaying his words in my head. But the question always showed. Why? Why did he love me? Why couldn't I say it back? Why am I questioning everything right now?

"I-I-" Why am I trying to speak? What am I trying to say? I looked in his eyes. He wanted me to say something. His eyes pleaded with me, begged. And after a prolonged silence with me he got up and walked away. Leaving me by myself, with nothing but questions and complicated thoughts. I stood and ran up to Marisol's room.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying? Hes?" I ran my fingers through her hair and let out a silent sob onto her boney shoulder. "Hes talk to me. Please, I can't help if you don't talk. Is it my brother? What happened between you two?" I looked up at her and searched her face.

"He said he loves me," I started. She sat me down on her bed and waited knowing there was more. "He said he loves me and I questioned everything in my head. But I-I-I couldn't say anything. I didn't know how. Mari I love your brother. But I don't want to get hurt. It's all happened so fast. It feels like yesterday I was irritated by his presence. Now, now I'm crying because I'm in love."

"I've never been in love. So I cannot give you the advice you want. All I can say is speak from your heart. But not right now because he brought your bag in here." I looked around her room. It was new to me. I'd never been inside before but it was nice. The wall beside her make-up table was decorated with pictures both professional and from her phone. Her walls were a pastel yellow, the dresser was a grey-blue just like her bed set which had white roses on it. I got up and grabbed some pajamas and left her room.

All I could think about while in the shower was Grey Eyes. His smile and his voice, his eyes. I dressed in the bathroom. And once I was I looked at myself in the door mirror. The lacy black see through top and silk burgundy bottoms clung to my peitite body. I looked at my unloved hair and frowned. Walking back into Marisol's room I noticed her assortment of hair products and brushes.

"You think you could do something with this," I asked her pointing at my head.

"Yes," she said excitedly.

After fifteen mintues she finished brushing and braiding my hair. The two braids were simple but she had a hard time parting my hair which I rarely ever did.

"When you go out take out the braids up to here," she said showing me where to stop. "Put a hair tie around it and pik it out, you'll have two low puffs. Which would great on you." I smiled at her. I never knew how cool it would to have a sister especially one like Marisol. She loved anything that involved food, make-up, hair or sleep. "Go to him, I know you want to."

"I don't think I should."

"Hestia, go." I smiled at her and got up from her bed. I walked to his room, the door was closed so I knocked. He cracked the door and his facial expression was hard but lightened when he saw my face. I smiled slightly looking up at him. He looked me up and down and smiled.

"I like burgundy-"

"I like how it goes so well with your skin," we both said.

"Let me in, I wanna talk." He opened the door for me and I walked past him. I waited for him to sit on his bed and I sat in his lap. "I was shocked about you telling me you love me. Mostly because I was trying to ignore the fact that I love you as well. I wasn't sure if I wanted to admit it because of how new out relationship is. I know it's weird because I gave you my virginity, but I'm not the person to express myself and come to terms about my feelings. I'm working on it but-" he cut me off with a kiss.

"I know mi querida. I know." I kissed him back. I opened my mouth slightly giving him way to enter his tongue and when he did I sucked it lightly. He laid back and I put my legs on each side of his hips. I pulled away and climbed off him getting one pair of hand cuffs.

"Let's play," I said smiling, handing him the cuffs and putting my hands behind my back.