Earrings

"You think this is how our parents were before having kids," I asked Emilio interrupting my own thoughts.

"Like what? Doing their own thing, together," he replied looking up at me.

"Yeah," I smiled. "Just enjoying each other's company while entertaining themselves."

"My parents told me for an entire 2 years after they got married their family pestered them about having kids so they waited. They just enjoyed living together, went to work and occasionally went on dates."

"How long have your parents been married?"

"21 years on my birthday, yours?"

"Would be 14 years in December. They got divorced 6 years ago." He looked confused.

"But your brother's 21 and you're 16."

"Yeah, they've been together since they were 18. They had Hayden when at 23, he was planned. And 4 almost 5 years later little miss unplanned Hestia Navaé. And then they got married two years later." I forced a laugh. "My parents are weird."

"A little," he said shaking his head. "Marisol was unplanned too. I was just two when she was born. Our birthdays are 2 years and two weeks apart. I was April 23rd and she came May 7th." I smiled and watched as he talked. "This is the first time we talked about our birthdays, when is yours mi querida?"

"July 18th." He looked at me and held his hand out. I got up and crawled into my bed grabbing his hand. "I'm young."

"We're the same age," he said laying in my lap.

"For now."

"Let the year end." Ran my hand through his hair.

"Want to take me to get my ears pierced again?" He looked up at me.

"You have earrings in," he said confused. I laughed.

"Above these," I said pinching where they'd be.

"Oh, sure. I'll pay."

"No you won't. Stop spending money on me. I'll punch you."

"Fine," he sighed.

"Not right now, I'm enjoying this." I smiled and laid back. "I got the job. I forgot to tell you. They didn't even want an interview."

"They did the same to me. When do you start?"

"Next Thursday after school. I get off at 9:30. You?"

"Same. But I'm sure it's actually just orientation."

"You're not allowed to spend money on me until Christmas. I mean it." He smiled at me.

"No promises." I slapped his shoulder. "Fine, until Christmas."

"Thank you," I said kissing his forehead. "I'm gonna get dressed." He turned over and hugged my legs.

"No," his voice muffled because his face was buried in my thighs.

"Yes, now get up or I'll pull your hair," I said attempting to move. He rolled off of me. I took off the hoodie and shorts I still had on and walked back into my closet.

"I like those panties." I looked down at the baby blue tanga underwear I had on.

"Shut up."

"You don't by chance have a matching bra?"

"No." I pulled on some dark blue jeans and walked back out for a bra.

"I like your boobs. They're all perky, round and soft."