Daddy's Girl

"Dad will be here soon. Your room is the the one furthest from the master. The kitchen is right there but there's nothing in it. You can order food or wait for dad. I'll be here tomorrow morning. I love you." Hayden kissed my forhead and walked out the door. I walked around the condo, it was modern and already furnished. I walked into the room that was supposedly mine.

The room was big and beautiful. The floor was wood and the theme color was grey. The closet was bigger than the one at the home. It had a hanging chair which was obviously put in specifically for me. There was a space for a vanity, I hoped I could take the one from home. Was that home? Or is this? I looked at the boxes in the corner. I walked out my room got my suitcases.

"Hestia," my dad called. I walked out to meet my dad in the kitchen. "I got some Chinese for you. I'll be back, I need my stuff out my car."

"Okay and thank you for the food." He walked back out and closed the door. I decided to finally call Emilio to tell him I'm okay.

"Hey girl! He's helping mamá cool right now. But I can give him a message," Marisol said happily.

"Give me my damn phone Marisol."

"No!" I heard WHAT seemed like running and then it got quiet for a minute.

"Mi querida," Emilio answered, I smiled.

"Hi, my dad and I are in the city," I admitted defeatedly.

"What? Why?"

"They finally separated. My dad has full custody of me, so I left with him last night. No one will tell me what's going on so I'm stuck in the dark about this entire situation." My dad walked back in as I sat at the island talking. He pulled his suitcase in his room and closed the door. "My dad said I could stay at school so I guess that's good."

"So you don't know what happened between your parents they just came home arguing and your dad made you pack and leave," his voice was full of curiosity and concern.

"Yeah, I'm hoping my dad will tell me now. So I'll call you later. I love you."

"I love you too." I hung and and grabbed the Chinese and headed to my dad's room. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." I walked in slowly as I saw my dad unpacking his things into his dresser and closet.

"Food break," I asked softly. He looked up at me and smiled. I sat on his bed and pulled out the food. "Come on dad, food's going to get cold." He finally sat beside me and I handed him his food.

"Your mom was with another man," my father finally spoke. I looked at him shocked. "She's pregnant, and remarried secretly. I found out when we went out dinner with her 'co-worker'. She told me during the dinner, I told her I'll be gone before she got home. She followed me back to the hotel room and we argued," he paused and ate his food. I had so many questions but I knew he wasn't done so I waited. "She told me she was pregnant with that man's child before I left. She continued to follow me until I got back home."

"Is that why she wanted the divorce daddy?  She fell in love with someone else?" He shrugged. "How far along is she?" He shrugged again. I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder. We watched TV and finished eating. I got up and threw the food away in the trash can.

I took a shower and got dressed. Sitting on my bed I stared at my phone hoping someone would text or call me. 10:43, I wasn't sure if Emilio was asleep or not.

Me: Are you sleep?

Amorcito💛: No

Me: wyd

Amorcito💛: Thinking about you

Me: Can I come over Friday

Amorcito💛: You can come over tomorrow.

Amorcito💛: Do you have plans?

Me: No. But I have to unpack. I'll be over Friday.

I didn't check to see if he text me back. I walked back to my dad's room and crawled in next to him.

"Can I sleep in here tonight," I asked my dad as he rubbed my head. He looked down at me.

"When was the last time you slept in my bed," he asked jokingly.

"8," I replied looking up at him. "But that doesn't mean anything. I'm still your baby girl." Not getting cuffed to a bed you aren't, I said in my head. He smiled.

"Yeah you can sleep in here tonight Stinky."

"Ew dad don't call me that. I'm too old for that." He laughed and I tried to fall asleep as he watched TV.

********

The smell of food woke me up out my sleep. I sat up almost forgetting that my dad and I just moved out. Soaking in the new house I rolled out my dad's bed and walked to the kitchen.

"It's not breakfast I'm smelling. What you cooking daddy," I asked my dad sleepily.

"A dish for dinner. Your brother and his girlfriend are coming over for dinner. Then he's going to move into the apartment he and Miss Johnston were hoping to get."

"Guess everyone is just moving now," I said rolling my eyes. "I'll be in my room if I'm needed." I walked into my room and rummaged my bags for my toothbrush. I didn't bring it. I sat on my bed and sighed.

"Hello?"

"Bring my stuff out the bathroom. And my vanity."

"What stuff," Hayden asked opening what I guessed was the bathroom door.

"My tooth brush, decorative towels, shampoo and conditioner. And look in the storage closet and get the light blue shower curtains. That's it," I said smiling.

"You sure your highness?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I'm sure. Please hurry," I said she hung up.