Birthday Plans

*4 Months later...*

"Please dad, it's only one week. One."

"And that's seven days, 168 hours. With him, alone. My answer is no."

"But-"

"No buts. My answer is no."

"Well, you promised to take me to the beach for spring break and never did. Now I just want to spend the week with Emilio and you're acting like he's the worst person ever. Why all of a sudden you don't like him?"

"Emilio is a nice young man, I do not dislike him. I just don't see why you'd want to spend an entire school week with the boy."

"His birthday. And we'd still go to school."

"In a hotel room? Absolutely not."

"His birthday's the 23rd, that's in the middle of the week. So-," my dad decided to interrupt me again.

"So nothing, all you guys are going to do is have sex. So I'm saying no. End of discussion. Now stop following me round everywhere."

"Dad."

"We've been having this conversation since this you woke up, my answer hasn't changed."

"Dad."

"Hestia, it's really a lost cause."

"Dad, you're trying to leave in pajama pants." 

"Oh. Thank you," he kissed my forehead and went to change. I rolled my eyes and finally decided to eat some breakfast. "Bye now hon, I'll see you tonight." I nodded my head and continued to pour cereal into my bowl. I knew his answer would be no, but there's some things he let slide. Letting my hope up really crushed me. I snatched up my phone to call Emilio when my doorbell rang. 

"Who is it," I said as I checked the peephole. 

"Marisol and Emi," Mari replied innocently. I was already unlocking the door. "Hi! I've missed you, and the view. Haven't been here since New Year's."

"Hey Mari," I said as we embraced each other. 

"You excited for tomorrow? I would be if mommy and daddy would let my Juanito and I get a room for a week." I forced a smile and looked at Emilio. His grey eyes peered into mine and he instantly knew my dad's answer.

"Mari, dad told you to call when we got here. Go do that," his voice sounded irritated. Mari left to living room and got on the phone. "Why not?"

"He says all we'd do is have sex and he just doesn't like that." 

"So what do you want to do?"

"It's your birthday baby. I just want you to enjoy it." I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest. "Can we bake together again? Well, I just want to make you a cake. What's your favorite?"

"Red velvet. Can you bake it in that set you just got?"

"The grey one?"

"No, the-"

"The burgundy one. It comes with a robe. I'll wear it for your second serving of dessert."

"I think I like that."

"You're going to like it," I said patting his chest and walking back to my now soggy cereal. "Mari, you want anything to eat?" She walked over to one of the stools around the island and nodded her head.

"So what's the alternate plan? Since your dad said no and all." I forced a smile at Marisol's comment.

"Well, I'm just going to bake your brother a cake."

"And?"

"And that's all really." She looked at Emilio, who was relaxed on my beanbag chair I recently brought into the living room. "I mean it's not like it's our anniversary or anything." Emilio mumbled under his breath. "What was that?"

"It actually is."

"Is what?"

"I asked you out October 23rd, so technically my birthday makes 8 months or something like that," he said rolling his eye. 

"You did not ask me to be your girlfriend the 23rd."

"But I did." I thought back to the entire day and the date.

"Mmmm, but you didn't." 

"Okay Hesita."

"I don't know who that is." Emilio chuckled and looked back to his phone. "Mari you want anything to eat?"

"Nah, I'm good. But if you have some time we have some girl time while Emi pouts."

"Yeah, come to my room." I eyed him before walking down the hall to my room.