Temptations

"How was your day honey?" My mom was in her office probably filling out paperwork from work. She always tries to be home for dinner so we can eat as a family. But for the past 6 years I've been trying to figure out what divorced people still sleep in the same bed and prepare dinners together.

"It was fine mother, can I order pizza? You guys haven't cooked," I yelled from the kitchen noticing there wasn't anything on the stove or in the oven.

"Sure honey. I apologize, your father and I met around 4 to eat and we didn't think about you."

"Kinda fucked up ma." I said walking past her office to the stairwell. I walked faster noticing I let out a curse word.

"Watch your mouth young lady," she yelled at me. I kept walking because I obviously wasn't in trouble. Once I was in my room I turned on netflix and called Marcello Brother's pizza. After placing my order and watching about 4 episodes of Reign my pizza arrived. My mom told me I wasn't allowed to eat it all by myself so I gave my dad 2 pieces and got ready to fuck it up. Three pizzas and another episode into my night my phone lit my dim room.

Him: Wyd mi querido

I rolled my eyes and set his contact on my phone.

Me: Ignoring you

Him: Why are you texting back then?

Me: What do you want pendejo

Him: Now don't be rude paloma

Me: What do you want?

He didn't text back after that and I didn't mind because I didn't want to think about him more than I already am. After finishing season 3 of my show it was around 10, so I did my nightly routine. While I was in the shower I looked at my legs and to my razer and back again a few times. I said fuck it and grabbed the razer and shaving cream. I washed the remainder of the shaving cream off my leg.

I stood in the mirror of my room staring at my naked body wondering why my bellybutton was bigger than my nipples. Then I wondered what other girls my age thought of their bodies. Mr. Grey Eyes crept into my thoughts making me rush to put on clothes.

The dream I had made me oversleep. Knowing my parents were long gone, I text my mom telling her I overslept and I didn't have a way to school. All she replied was to clean the living room. I did that right after I ate eggs and bacon. I don't really like cleaning but after i finished cleaning the living room I just cleaned the dining room and kitchen as well. Then I went upstairs to clean the two extra rooms that collect dust, I did the laundry and took out some food for dinner.

Him: So you ditch school to avoid me?

I checked my phone, guessing who would text me. I smiled.

Me: No, I overslept. Miss me?

Him: Yes.

I rolled my eyes and searched for a strawberry cake recipe. As I whisked the battered Grey Eyes ran through my mind. I imagined him hugging me from behind as I spread frosting across a child's birthday cake. I felt myself smile when I realized I'm imagining a future with a boy I didn't even like. Ugh. Buzz Buzz Buzz. I picked up my phone to see who was calling. It was him, wonderful timing jerk.

"Sir, I should really educate you on personal boundaries."

"Maybe." I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want Emilio?"

"Where are you?"

"Home, do you have one or are you a wild boy who tells girls they can't have your number and gives it away afterwards."

"I have a home, and I still give my number to girls like you." I looked at my phone hoping to understand the audacity of this boy. "Can I come over?"

"No," I replied quickly.

"Why?" I scrunched up my face.

"Because I don't know you. Nor do I intend to know you," I sighed.

"Well how are we supposed to do our project then?" I forgot about the project. Just that quickly, damn it. I'm literally forced to be around this weirdo.

"Yeah come over. I'll send my address." I hung up and texted my mom. She seemed to not care and told me to tell my dad he'd be home before her. I never got a text back.

I looked at him from the doorway of the kitchen, my stomach got butterflies and my coochie decided to get a pulse.

"Want a slice of cake?" I smiled when he looked up at me.

"What kind?"

"Strawberry with cream cheese and candied strawberries on top." He looked me up and down and licked his lips. I bit my lips and turned around back into the kitchen. I composed myself and came back out with a slice of cake for each of us. "So how much of the movie did I miss?"

"None, he wants us to watch the rest ourselves. He handed out a list of ideas for the project. I chose for us to do a business proposal. But if you're uncomfortable with that we can do something else." His voice was deep and mellow. His accent made his words even better to listen to.

"Let's go with your suggestion. I'm indecisive." He nodded and highlighted the paper. "So we don't have a TV in the den or living room. We can watch it on my desktop in my room or on the tv in my room." He looked at me with that mischievous smirk.

"If you want to go to your room just ask. I'd like to see where you lay your head at night."

I rolled my eyes. And motioned for him to follow me. He jumped up quickly and followed me up the stairs.

"Welcome to my dungeon of secrets and netflix." I kicked the empty pizza box under my bed. And turned towards him and smiled.

"Nice room. Why is your bed so big and you're so," he paused and made a pinch hand gesture. "You know, tiny." I slapped his arm down.

"I'm not tiny, dickhead. I'm 5 foot 4. Which is pretty much average." I looked at him already annoyed. "Sit down."

"Yes ma'am." He sat on the edge of my bed and took his shoes off. I never paid much attention to his style until now. He dressed like those sexy guys in vampire movies. In darker toned colors and a nice chain to top it off. I'd love to see that chain hanging in my face. Fuck, no I wouldn't. "What're you thinking about paloma?" I zipped back to reality.

"None of your business. And please stop calling me that."

"You don't even know what it means," he snapped like a child. I rolled my eyes and attempted to crawl past him when he grabbed my waist and laid me on my back. "Do you want to know what it means?" My vagina was screaming. I looked into his moon eyes, looking for answers. For what I should do next. Out of impulse I grabbed his neck and pulled his lips to mine. He pulled away and looked at me. "It means dove."

"I don't care," I said, pulling him back to me. I immediately pushed him off of me realizing what I was doing. "Can you go? We can-umm, we can do this tomorrow. I'm tired. Sorry." He searched my eyes with worry in his then smiled.

"I'll call you," he said after kissing my forehead.

"No you won't." He put on his shoes and within a few minutes was out the door. What the hell am I doing?