𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁!!!

hello hello hello my darlings! so this is an important announcement, if you couldn't tell

so, i am making the decision to unpublish faded polaroids to rewrite what i have as of now. i am
unhappy with the story as a whole. i love flo and adam, and i forever will, but i am generally upset with how this story is going.

for now, this story will be unpublished, and for the time-being, my other stories will be as well. i want to focus on this because it is (or was) my literal pride and joy. i want it to be the best version it can be. when i get started with the process, i'll send out an announcement on my message board asking for beta readers to see how the outline will be as well as the chapters written.

but i think i'm going to republish this story, but brand new. start from the beginning again because i'm scared that if i copy and paste the rewritten chapters into the already existing ones, it'll delete the comments and i love reading them. so faded polaroids 2.0 will most likely be a "new" story. i am honestly so grateful for how many comments and votes and reads this story has gotten, but i think it'll be a new start for the book itself (not the plot)

WHAT I WILL BE CHANGING/EDITING!

pacing: i will be working on the pacing of flo and adam's relationship because i feel as though they were rushed and didn't really embody the enemies to lovers relationship in my head as well as it could have. i mean, you don't just automatically become friendly with someone you've hated for several years, do you?

how long they've hated each other: speaking off of that note, that is something i am also setting in stone. i realized after rereading the chapters that i kept changing between 7-9 years that adam and flo have known/hated each other. i'll figure it out lmao

figure skating: florence will still be a figure skater, but she (in my head) is 100% a slytherin. what i mean by that is not the "evil" aspect, but the ambitious aspect of slytherin. she knows what she wants, and she will work to get there. i feel as though i didn't incorporate figure skating as much as i should have, considering the sport is basically her life. she loves it too much to get caught up with team usa. i will add more scenes of her practices and her inner monologue will feature more figure skating.

friendships: the rewritten version of faded polaroids will still feature our beloved friendships between flo and laura, kenny, averman, and madi. but, flo will be more reluctant to become friends with kenny and averman, more or less the entirety of team usa hockey.

the dates: so another inconsistency i found was how these fucking dates worked because apparently i don't know how they do. the story will be set from late june and pan through july, ending early to mid august. i just kept saying "a week later" or "a few days later" and after going through a calendar of 1994, i severely messed up the timing of days and added too many weeks to one month oops

okay so those are the changes that i know, for certain, are being put into affect in the rewritten version. i am so sorry if you were looking forward to seeing how florence and adam's story was going, but i feel this was the best decision for me. if it makes you feel better, i'll let you know that the two make up through the note adam writes in chapter twenty-four.

faded polaroids is my baby and i truly adore it. it has helped me make so many friends and understand these sports deeper and has made me just so genuinely thankful for everything that it brought. i am so thankful for all of you who have supported this story, whether it was since the beginning ( shoutout to my bbs itsabusbyworld briiswriitings aphroditeslvce and others) or you've recently just joined the journey. i love you all so much.

with love, mwah!