𝗂𝗂. 𝖿𝗂𝗀𝗎𝗋𝖾 𝗌𝗄𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗒

𝗶𝗶. 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝖿𝗂𝗀𝗎𝗋𝖾 𝗌𝗄𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗒
"it's the chance of a lifetime!"

 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝖿𝗂𝗀𝗎𝗋𝖾 𝗌𝗄𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗒"it's the chance of a lifetime!"

THE DUCKS WERE BACK TOGETHER. I would like to say that I didn't know, but with all the chaos they had caused while rounding each other up, it was safe to say that our whole part of the state knew that the rowdy hockey team was back.

The way I found out was because I was out in town, using my free day to have some fun. It was one of the two days a week where I didn't have coaching for skating, so it was either I stayed home and rested as I should have, or go out to town. I mean personally, I would choose finding cute clothes over almost being trampled by multiple kids on rollerblades. But it seemed that fate had other plans because that is how I ended up almost knocking over a clothing rack outside.

It was the entire team, all dressed in their street clothes and skating down the road while hollering and whooping in celebration. It was quite the sight to see, it's not everyday that there are eight kids screaming down the streets together. The whole city knew that the Ducks were, in fact, back.

As the group passed by me, a small smile danced on my face. It was heartwarming to see them all so joyous for being reunited. I know that majority of them go to the same school, but it was the summertime and off-hockey season which meant that they didn't get to see each other as often. Squinting to get a better view of each person, yet one in a yellow shirt caused me to raise my eyebrows.

Adam Banks. I knew him, more than I'd like to. We grew up together, but not in the sense of being friends. I knew Banks originally because of how close we lived to each other. I was just a street over from his meaning I would pass by his house almost everyday. We didn't get along for various reasons. We used to tolerate each other, well until we started skating at New Hope. Since then, Banks had hated my guts for being a "twirl girl" and I hated his for being another stupid hockey guy. I haven't seen much of him since he had been traded from the Hawks to the Ducks.

I watched as they skated in front of the Band Box Diner where it looked like they met their coach. The man was greeted with whoops and hugs, it was a very loud reunion of the Peewee hockey champion team. I leaned against a wall, observing how they all chattered excitedly. A fancy car pulled up to them, one that you would definitely not see from these parts of Minnesota. I watched as a man popped his head out of the sun roof, a small laugh escaping from me.

I pushed off the wall and started making my way back home, throwing one last glance at the Ducks over my shoulder and I began walking home.

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

I PUSHED OPEN THE DOORS TO THE ICE ARENA, immediately feeling the cool air envelope me as I entered. Sending a small smile to the kind lady at the front, I signed in on the clipboard to show that I was here and practicing, per usual. It was just that today I wasn't being trained, so it was an "off day" per se; on days where I don't train, I still come to the rink to practice so I can get better and better.