𝗑𝗂𝗏. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗆𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗀𝖺𝗆𝖾

𝘅𝗶𝘃. 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝖾𝗋𝗆𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗀𝖺𝗆𝖾
"𝐲𝐞𝐬, 𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐜'𝐦𝐨𝐧, let's go!"

IF I FOUND ONE THING OUT FROM THE GIRL'S NIGHT, it was that Connie Moreau was very convincing and had a very good puppy-dog face

IF I FOUND ONE THING OUT FROM THE GIRL'S NIGHT, it was that Connie Moreau was very convincing and had a very good puppy-dog face. She seemed so innocent when telling Laura, Madi, and I that we should come to their Germany game. Hopefully it wouldn't be like the first game I'd gone to, the Iceland one still makes me wince even if I wasn't the one on the ice.

While I initially protested in my head, I wondered what could go so wrong to go it. Madi and Laura were contemplating whether or not they wanted to go. Madi was a California girl and wasn't used to the cold, so she didn't know if she wanted to stay in a rink that was colder than she was used to. Laura seemed to just be worried that a repeat of the Iceland game would occur.

When the time came that Julie and Connie had to go to the rink, the three of us lingered in Laura and I's dorm. It seemed that we all had the same idea because as soon as the door had closed, we all began to talk over one another.

"I think that we should go and support them." I put my opinion in and Laura nodded, looking at Madi before she turned back to me with wide eyes. Laura never had a problem with hockey players or the game, but she knew that I had harbored a hate for the sport. She looked like she wanted to go and that she was confused as to why I wanted to go.

I've learned over the past few days that I hadn't liked hockey because of who played it, it was because of a grudge I held from years ago. It could be fun at times, watching the players cheer when they scored a point or when they won. Winning a game for hockey players was like placing on the podium for figure skaters.

And during my time in California and away from Laura, I've become close friends with players of the team. Averman never failed to crack a joke and make all of us laugh, and he was one of the first friends from the Ducks that I made. Kenny was the kindest soul to walk the Earth, other than Laura, and he was one of the closest people to me. I've only recently befriended Connie and Julie, so I was still getting to know them.

And Adam? I don't really know what to say about him, we've only now just gotten onto good terms. He still annoys me and I still have to restrain myself from calling him by his last name. I'm still learning to get used to not hating him, still learning that he wasn't the same arrogant boy from all those years ago. And as much as I hate to admit, he's beginning to grow on me.

"I mean what's the worst that could happen? They wouldn't be expecting us, only Julie and Connie know. Madi, you could go see Averman play, I'm sure he'd be happy to see you in the stands. Laura, you and I can support Kenny, us figure skaters need to stick together." I gave them reasons as to why we could go out, I wanted to be there and I wasn't really sure why.