𝗂𝗂𝗂. 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌

𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌
"𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞."

IT'S A STRANGE SENSATION, FLYING

IT'S A STRANGE SENSATION, FLYING. People are flying through the air inside of planes and helicopters. Some soar above the ground in hot air balloons and paragliding. There are some who will zip line and feel the breeze against their face, giving them the placebo that they're flying through the air like Superman.

For figure skaters, you feel like you're flying through the air whenever you perform a jump. When you're in the air, suddenly you're as free as a bird gliding through the air. Time slows down as you rotate once, twice, even three times. The feeling of landing the jump perfectly is euphoric, a feeling skaters want to hold on to forever. If I could, I would love to stay in the air for a long time.

"Are you sure you have everything that you need packed?" It seemed like the hundredth time the question had been asked. In my room, I was surrounded by multiple suitcases that held clothes for the month that I'd be staying in California. And to be fair, one suitcase was full of my skating essentials such as the dresses for programs and jacket for when I wait for the scores. Another was the suitcase that was familiar to the eyes of those who skated with me at New Hope; it contained my skates and rollers and my on ice bag. There was just one bag that had been filled to the brim with clothes for off days. Bathing suits for beach days. Skirts and dresses for dressier days.

Frankly, I was terrified I would forget something and not have it for the remainder of my trip. Only the gods above would know how long it could take to ship it across the country. Was it too late to back out now? Maybe I wasn't cut out for this, I couldn't face these skaters from around the world that were probably ready for the Olympics by now. I shook my head quickly and exhaled a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves.

Mr. Tibbles didn't really explain that much about what the situation would be once I did get to California. All I knew as of now was that I would be boarding a plane on Saturday with Team USA's hockey team. Now, isn't that a marvelous and spectacular idea? Put the one figure skater who barely reaches five foot on a plane full of rowdy hockey players. Not only were the Ducks on the team, but there were five players who had traveled from around the country to Minnesota.

━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━

SATURDAY COULD NOT HAVE COME ANY SOONER. A few hours ago it seemed like it was Monday and I just got the news that I was skating for the country. It seemed that a few hours ago, I was simply Florence Peters, Edina's resident skating champion. Now I'm Florence Peters, Minnesota's pick for Team USA Figure Skating.