𝗹𝗲𝘁'𝘀 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸 <3

hi and hello everyone! no, this isn't a new chapter nor an update for faded polaroids, i apologize if i got your hopes up. but this is more-so an author's note, an explanation if you will. i'll be explaining many things from my story to what's happening in my life. so buckle up because this is a deep tris talks.

(there will be depressive episodes & social anxiety will be mentioned, i will put a warning prior to it)

so let's start at the beginning. i started writing faded polaroids during the beginning of quarantine last year, officially publishing this story on may 26, 2020. it was really an impulsive decision and something i just wanted to do for fun, seeing as a few of my internet friends at the time had been writing stories of their own. i was (and always will be) completely infatuated with adam banks.

although majority of this story has been bullshitted and didn't have much of a planned plot line, there was one thing i had known prior to writing it. i wanted the main character to be asian. coming from a filipino person themself, i know there isn't enough asian representation in media and stories (that i've seen). so for me, writing a strong, female, and asian main character was something so important to me.

writing has always been an outlet for me, something i could turn to when i needed to. for as long as i could remember, i had been writing silly little stories, even a percy jackson play in second grade! but this, faded polaroids, was my first real piece of work. it was my first writing piece that i dedicated hours upon hours to. it's helped me meet wonderful people that i love dearly, it's made me proud of myself, it's helped me through hard times.

i never really intended for this book to be read read, and i definitely didn't intend for it to scrap up over 40k reads. it was a piece of quarantine boredom, an impulsive publish, nothing too serious.

now florence peters, she's a direct representation of myself. or who i aspire to be. if you get to know her, you get to know me. flo originally had started as an oc for an harry potter instagram roleplay where she was vastly different from who she is in this story. her faceclaim was miranda mckeon and she was this loud and maternal and fiery girl.

when translating flo from instagram to wattpad, there were many things changed. her faceclaim for one, but her personality as well. as i said earlier, she is a direct representation of myself and who i want to be. a figure skater like i had been prior to quarantine and theatrical. she puts up walls to hide behind and is protective over those she loves. she doesn't make friends easily and she sure as hell doesn't like being underestimated. but where her and i differ as how we approach things. she goes head-first whereas i shy away from things. communication is always a major difference between us. i write flo so she communicates with her friends and can express how she can feel if she wants to. i'm not as skilled.

and now to get to what i had originally intended to.

i will no longer be publishing any new chapters or be rewriting this story.

it breaks my heart to say that, but i don't want to give anybody false hope for any new content. whenever i try to start a rewrite of this story, i no longer want to and it hurts so much because of how much i've grown attached to it. i've lost all motivation for writing faded polaroids.

i'm not sure what kind of crack quarantine tris was on because she had been publishing stories left and right and they had been updating them often! they loved writing this story in particular. the comments that would be left always made her laugh, the votes made her heart swell, and they were content.

i still look through my notifications and laugh at some comments, but going through these chapters and looking through old comments? it just makes my heart ache because i know i won't be publishing or writing anything that could give me the same high as writing this story did months ago.