𝗑𝗑𝗂. 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗆𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗋𝗀𝗎𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌

𝘅𝘅𝗶. 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗆𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗋𝗀𝗎𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌
"my day was like the weather outside."

UNFORTUNATELY FOR ADAM, his wrist was fractured

UNFORTUNATELY FOR ADAM, his wrist was fractured. I wasn't in the examination room when he was officially diagnosed, but enough was said because he walked out with his arm in a sling.

I had immediately stood when they all walked out the door, Bombay and Adam had somber looks on their faces. I already knew that Adam was upset because he couldn't play until he was cleared, but Bombay seemed upset that he lost one of the best players on his team.

The three of us were silent on the way back to the car and its chauffeur. Bombay in the front and I was in the back, sandwiching Adam between the two of us. Similarly to how we arrived, I was sat in the back with Adam while Mr. Bombay was in the passenger seat.

The music was still playing, sounding like it was nails upon a chalkboard. It wasn't bad, but I absolutely despised it. I bit back my retorts regarding the station and folded my hands together tightly, knuckles turning white in the process. My nails dug deeply into the palms of my hand, creating a harsh sting that subsided after a minute.

Although it wasn't completely silent inside the car, the quiet of its passengers was deafening. My hand brushed against canvas, causing me to remember that I brought my bag along with me, it slung across my body. A smile tugged onto my lips as I rummaged through the miscellaneous items and pulled out my Walkman. Slipping the headphones over my head and pressing play, my mixtape begin to start.

From what I remembered, the car ride took like an hour to get from the arena to the hospital, meaning there was still a lot of time until we could get back to the dorms. While I looked out the window, I found that the California skies were rapidly turning darker as storm clouds approached. I sighed, resting my head on my hand and watched the passing landscape.

I'm not sure how much time had passed, but I knew that we had been stuck in traffic for some time now. The soft tapping of rain against the window combined with the music of The Ronettes as the car slowly pulled forwards every now and then.

It might've been the weather or the range of events that had taken place in the past two hours, but it seemed as if all the passengers were beyond tired, regardless of the fact that it was only two in the afternoon. I could feel my eyes start to droop and my head slowly fall to rest against the window while the rain picked up. God, I hated storms with a burning passion.

Blinking twice in an effort to wake myself up, I surveyed how Bombay and Adam were acting. Bombay seemed to be stressed and the gears in his head were seemingly turning over and over again. Adam was acting the same, only his eyes were tired and his body language showed he might just pass out in the blink of an eye.