𝗏𝗂. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗉𝖾𝗍𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

𝘃𝗶. 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗉𝖾𝗍𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇
"𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝗴𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦'"

 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗉𝖾𝗍𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 "𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝗴𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦'"

THE REST OF THE DAY WAS SPENT WANDERING THE CITY. The four of us went around the different streets, Laura and I dragging the boys with us inside clothing stores and in return we got brought to wherever they wanted to go. We all spent the last remaining hour or so inside Langer's Deli, a place many California natives recommended. Of course, Kenny didn't know of it because he was from a different part of the state.

The food there was delicious. With the time where we were not shoveling our own food in our mouth was spent taking fries off the other people's plates. It was more fun than I would anticipate.

I was still cautious around hockey players, not warming up to them quickly just because that's how my mind has always been. Figure skaters and hockey players do not get along. They steered clear of the other and did not interact. Averman and Ken are slowly worming their way into becoming some close friends, but I'm still not completely sure how they are.

Regardless, I tried to push those thoughts to the back of my head and focused on the fun we were currently having. I kept a bright smile as Averman joked like the jester he was and everyone laughed at his antics. The moment was seemingly perfect. Laughing around a diner table with some friends? It seemed like something straight from a movie.

"So..." Laura started. She folded her hands and rested them on the table, grabbing the attention of the other three of us. "Flo and I have the first day of programs on Friday, will we be expecting to see you two there?"

I raised an eyebrow at the two boys, interested to see how they would respond. I mean, they've already seen us play around but what would they think of our actual short program and free skate? I'm not sure how Averman would react to everything but I think that Kenny will appreciate it, being a former figure skater himself. To my dismay, they only looked at each other and shrugged.

"Maybe, it depends on what Coach says." It was Kenny who spoke up. He looked conflicted with himself, probably thinking of the schedule he had to follow. Laura and I shared a look before nodding in understanding. I didn't really care if they were coming or not, it'd just be nice having some people that weren't family to come out and support the two of us.

"That blows, but I get it. You guys probably have practice or something, hockey stuff." I forced a small smile on my face. It was disappointing, yes, but I understood because I've had to reschedule plans to work with my own practices and competitions. They were here for the same reason as we were, to win first place.