𝗑𝗑. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝗈𝖼𝗄𝖾𝗋 𝗋𝗈𝗈𝗆

𝘅𝘅. 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝗈𝖼𝗄𝖾𝗋 𝗋𝗈𝗈𝗆
"you'll get better, i promise."

IT HAD BEEN A FEW DAYS since the free-skate and dinner

IT HAD BEEN A FEW DAYS since the free-skate and dinner. To be honest, I've spent majority of the time in my dorm, only leaving to eat meals. I've occupied myself by trying to finish Pride and Prejudice and writing.

God, I've been writing and writing, filling the pages with thoughts. Laura would come check in every now and then, still spending most nights here if not with some girl that she met. And I would just be scribbling in my notebook.

By now, it was around three in the afternoon and I decided that I needed to do something with my life. We were only in California for another two weeks at most, I had to make the most of the time left.

I stood from my bed, marking my page in my book in the process, before letting out a deep breath. Placing the novel on my nightstand, I glimpsed at the bouquet of flowers sitting in a vase on it.

I smiled involuntarily, reaching out to touch it softly and then moving to pick up my Walkman and earbuds beside them. It was slipped in my pocket as I moved towards the door to put my shoes on and then leave.

I placed the earbuds in, humming as the introduction of Be My Baby by The Ronettes began to play. Lacing up the sneakers, I bopped my head along to the beat and left my dorm for the first time that day.

It was a quick trip down the stairs and into the lobby where it seemed that, judging by their wet hair and sweaty foreheads, hockey practice was just finished. Quickly approaching Dean, I snuck up behind him.

"Dean!" I shouted, causing the rest of the team to turn and laugh at the frightened boy. I doubled over, my own laughter escaping as I watched him look at me with an exasperated look. I stood straight while brushing my skirt, a cheeky grin plastered on my face.

"Could you not have done that to somebody else, Flo?" He questioned, sighing when I shook my head. Dean pushed my head away playfully, moving me behind him as he continued to walk forwards in the direction of the dorms.

I let out another laugh as I turned to leave the building, only to run into somebody. We both stumbled backwards and I looked up to see Mr. Bombay, straightening as he squinted at me. "Florence?"

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was-" My apologies were cut off by his laughter and a hand on my shoulder. I shut my mouth and the ground suddenly seemed to be the most interesting thing in the world.

"Don't worry about it," his voice suddenly lowered, "uh, do you mind checking on Adam? He's in the locker room."

I nodded slowly, confusion overtaking me. Yet nonetheless I walked towards the locker room, pushing the door open quietly. The room was silent and humid when I entered.