𝗏𝗂𝗂. 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗇𝖾𝗐

𝘃𝗶𝗶. 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾𝖽 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗈𝗂𝖽𝗌: 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗇𝖾𝗐
"𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 get 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞."

AFTER LAURA AND I'S FIRST SHORT PROGRAM OF THE JR

AFTER LAURA AND I'S FIRST SHORT PROGRAM OF THE JR. GOODWILL GAMES, I was ready to take a nap. Laura and I split up, she went to go out and celebrate while I made my way to the dorms. Well. I didn't technically go there immediately. Laura had already left with the hockey team and I lingered back to stay at the rink for a little longer. By now, the entire arena was cleared out and once more I was left alone with the ice.

I skated to the middle, slowly circling in place. I took it all in, the ice that still had indents from jumps, the bleachers that had sat cheering people, the small piles of shaven ice against the walls of the rink. To onlookers it would have seemed like a normal ice skating rink after a show, but it was so much more than that. On this ice, I made an international debut for the one thing I truly adore and as a plus, placed first.

My sight settled on a figure leaning on a wall by the exit of the arena. They were taller and they seemed to be observing me the same way I was to them. I furrowed my eyebrow and skated to the boards, opening the door and stepping off the ice. I grabbed the guards for my skates and slipped them on before I jogged over to the mysterious person. It was a struggle, but I managed to make it work.

My eyes widened and I took a slight step backwards when I saw who was standing there. Banks maintained eye contact with me, even as I backed away slowly while my eyes hardened in a glare. He didn't look at me with disgust as he normally would; no, he was looking at me with curiosity and wonder.

My mouth opened and closed slightly like a fish, looking for the words to ask why he was still at the rink when the rest of his team had already left. He let out a low chuckle before turning around to start walking out. I quickly grabbed the handle to my suitcase and pulled it with me, following the boy.

"Banks!" I called out, trying my best to catch up with him. He merely looked over his shoulder at me and continued walking. I huffed with exasperation and sped up to walk next to him. "Why were you still at the rink? Why didn't you leave with the rest of the Ducks?"

Adam stopped abruptly, causing me to trip over the tip of my guard and almost fall over. Luckily I balanced myself and brushed my hands off on my dress before they rested on my hips, awaiting an answer. His gaze was downwards, looking at my skates and then back at my suitcase.

My lips formed an "o" shape before I slowly sat on the floor and brought my suitcase down with me. I unzipped the luggage, pulling my sneakers out and placing them beside me. I just started taking my right skate off when he began to talk.

"While you were busy admiring the ice, the team told me to stay here to make sure you got back safely. Don't ask why me because I tried to get Averman to stay instead, but no let Banksie stay and watch the girl who he despises. So that's that, no more talking got it? " Banks explained, using grand gestures with his arms that made me raise an eyebrow and stifle a laugh.